Extending extended warranty

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

So, MY16 that I purchased privately came with 9 months of extended warranty left that I transferred. Its always been serviced at an OPC, and I never received the renewal reminder that I was told I would get. I called them earlier this week and they said the warranty expired last week and to take out a new warranty, the car needs to have a 111 point check over at a cost of £200+.

Is that normally the case or if the period had not expired, I could have taken it out without the check?

I took this up with Porsche who said they would waiver the £200, however, should something arise, it will need to be fixed before the warranty is provided.... its the grey area between taking an extension whilst still having a valid policy vs getting a 111 point check done.... (hope I've explained it)

Thanks,

911F

Post by 911F »

I've literally just picked up my car from its 111 check and 2 year warranty. The guy said if I renew the warranty before the 2 years, then there is no need to do a 111 check.
The things that came up in the 111 check was to clear the sunroof drains, and to buy new tyre sealant as the old one had expired.

I suppose, if you extend the warranty whislt the car is in warranty, there would be no reason for them to suspect anything is wrong with the car. If you don't have a warranty, then they would want to make sure you are not putting on a warranty for an existing fault.

Good of them to waive the £200 fee. But, you will definitely be liable if they find anything - including mixed N rated tyres, blocked drains, tyre sealant etc
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

Just extended my warranty same time as the MoT. Second extension and no 111 point check
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

Madelvic wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:17 pm Just extended my warranty same time as the MoT. Second extension and no 111 point check
Did the previous one expire?
911F

Post by 911F »

Yes, it expired a year before, we only bought the car 3 months ago.

We had to wait 90 days before we could put a warranty on it
pmg

Post by pmg »

I extended my warranty 3months before it was due to run out as I was at the OPC having my winter wheelset fitted. the Service receptionist said the wheelset swop would take slightly longer as they do still actually do the 111 point check despite there no longer being a separate charge for it.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

I am sure there's a grace period on the warranty, when I was pushing my OPC to get mine sorted I am certain they mentioned it.
rydercowan

Post by rydercowan »

Our extended warranty was further extended two weeks before expiry and there was no 111 point check done. Suspect this varies by OPC.
penport

Post by penport »

I recently extended mine (4 yr old car - extended for a further 3 yrs). All done via email just before due to expire (they wanted proof of ownership and odometer photo).
Due to Porsche systems being 'down' there was a delay in payment being taken and the documents being produced so in the end it was actually overdue by a few days.
No mention of inspection or 111 check.....this was at Porsche Silverstone
MY18 Macan GTS Volcano ACC, PAS, Air, PASM, PSP, PSE, Bose, PDLS+, carbon heated steering wheel
2015 Macan S Sapphire PSE, PSP, PASM, K&N [sold but not forgotten]