What Are These Sections Called?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
User avatar
Neil1911
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Post by Neil1911 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:17 am

£1,000 at an OPC body shop, £200 mobile, from recent experience. The hard part is getting the finish right on the plastic although its hard to judge how "deep" that scuff is from a picture.
2020 S: another Volcano Grey, 18" Macan Wheels +Spare, 14 way seats, ACC, Air Susp, PASM, Roof rails, Heated Screen & Front Seats, 75l tank, Comfort Lighting, PS+, Rev camera.
PNIX29HA ordered, 11 Jan 2022 @ Stockport.

Rarecolour
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Rarecolour » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:33 am

The painted bit can be repaired no problem at all, but as stated above, the non painted part could be awkward to get a perfect finish. I'd say it shouldn't be more than £600.
I've never been a fan of cats.
2021 Macan Turbo

Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Bazza06
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Bazza06 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:10 pm

Update:

Went to a Porsche approved repairer this morning.

There is a small chip on the bumper which I only noticed yesterday. This and the damage to the rear apron mid-section can be repaired, no replacement required.
However, the diffuser has a textured finish and will need replacing.

They can't get a price for the diffuser as Porsche are now closed, but they estimate that part alone is £400-500.
In total, and only an estimate, I'm looking at about £1500.

I will know for definite in the new year.

I have not received a quote from any of the smart repairers such as Chips Away, but here is my dilemma.
Do I stick with a repairer authorised by Porsche and, therefore, able to demonstrate using their recommended repairer should there be any subsequent issues with paint defects etc. or choose a non approved repairer but cheaper?

I will get a quote elsewhere to obtain another repairers' opinion on what can be done.
Current - 2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBK7KR6
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Tracky
Posts: 2054
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:23 pm

Bloody cat!

Ps love the way it is referred to as a diffuser and yet probably actually does the square root of bugger all as to what the name implies !
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

Tracky
Posts: 2054
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:24 pm

Ps

You could just wait for the next Audi driver to tailgate you (won’t have to wait long) and then brake hard because a cat ran out in the road….

This will get it fixed on their insurance and also the cat will redeem itself
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

Tracky
Posts: 2054
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Post by Tracky » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Of course this will backfire slightly if the Audi driver swerved and you actually run over the cat
Current

2019 992 S with £20k of various options (his)
2019 Macan S with £18k worth of various options ! (Her)
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6 (his)
2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG (dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S (her)

User avatar
Neil1911
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Post by Neil1911 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:05 pm

Bazza06 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:10 pm
Update:

Went to a Porsche approved repairer this morning.

There is a small chip on the bumper which I only noticed yesterday. This and the damage to the rear apron mid-section can be repaired, no replacement required.
However, the diffuser has a textured finish and will need replacing.

They can't get a price for the diffuser as Porsche are now closed, but they estimate that part alone is £400-500.
In total, and only an estimate, I'm looking at about £1500.

I will know for definite in the new year.

I have not received a quote from any of the smart repairers such as Chips Away, but here is my dilemma.
Do I stick with a repairer authorised by Porsche and, therefore, able to demonstrate using their recommended repairer should there be any subsequent issues with paint defects etc. or choose a non approved repairer but cheaper?

I will get a quote elsewhere to obtain another repairers' opinion on what can be done.
As some guide here's the quote I got, apologies for the quality but can't upload a .docx.

20211224_124401.jpg

Can't guarantee it's the same part but gives an idea. I took pity on the guy that caused it and had it repaired, no parts or filler, by a local, previously used, mobile for £200. In your place I'd take the view that it could be redone another 4 times for the same cost but it was perfect first time.

Good luck whatever you decide.
2020 S: another Volcano Grey, 18" Macan Wheels +Spare, 14 way seats, ACC, Air Susp, PASM, Roof rails, Heated Screen & Front Seats, 75l tank, Comfort Lighting, PS+, Rev camera.
PNIX29HA ordered, 11 Jan 2022 @ Stockport.

User avatar
Ian.g
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:04 pm
Location: Worcestershire

Post by Ian.g » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Tracky wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:24 pm
Ps

You could just wait for the next Audi driver to tailgate you (won’t have to wait long) and then brake hard because a cat ran out in the road….

This will get it fixed on their insurance and also the cat will redeem itself
You beat me to it... an Audi or a white van. Either will do. :twisted:

Rarecolour
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:39 am

Post by Rarecolour » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:02 pm

Try and find out who the OPC use and go direct for a quote.
Or have a good search on the tinterweb over Christmas for some recommended repairers close to you.
What part of the country are you in, Norf, Midlands or Sarf?

Edit, sorry only just woke up. You went to their repairer I see, so scrap that.
2021 Macan Turbo

Ex -
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Bazza06
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Bazza06 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:21 pm

Neil1911 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:05 pm
Bazza06 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:10 pm
Update:

Went to a Porsche approved repairer this morning.

There is a small chip on the bumper which I only noticed yesterday. This and the damage to the rear apron mid-section can be repaired, no replacement required.
However, the diffuser has a textured finish and will need replacing.

They can't get a price for the diffuser as Porsche are now closed, but they estimate that part alone is £400-500.
In total, and only an estimate, I'm looking at about £1500.

I will know for definite in the new year.

I have not received a quote from any of the smart repairers such as Chips Away, but here is my dilemma.
Do I stick with a repairer authorised by Porsche and, therefore, able to demonstrate using their recommended repairer should there be any subsequent issues with paint defects etc. or choose a non approved repairer but cheaper?

I will get a quote elsewhere to obtain another repairers' opinion on what can be done.
As some guide here's the quote I got, apologies for the quality but can't upload a .docx.
Can't guarantee it's the same part but gives an idea. I took pity on the guy that caused it and had it repaired, no parts or filler, by a local, previously used, mobile for £200. In your place I'd take the view that it could be redone another 4 times for the same cost but it was perfect first time.

Good luck whatever you decide.
Thanks, Neil.

That's a good way of looking at it.
I'll have a better idea of which way I'm inclined to go once I get some other quotes.
Current - 2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBK7KR6
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Post Reply