Anyone else wavering?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Nine weeks on from placing deposit/order, having originally been led to believe a Q1 or early Q2 build was possible, the latest indication is that there's only a slim chance of it being built and delivered before it becomes a 2023 model (with the accompanying price hike).

Frankly I'm not convinced I can cope with driving Mrs Chimer's Mini Countryman for another 9 months (or more) and I'm spending an increasing amount of time considering potential alternatives.

Am I alone?
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.

martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

I placed my order back in late August and set my own expectations that I wont see anything for close on a year and I am ok with this. I still have 1 year left of PCP on my Audi S5 back then so it was strategic for me. When I get a better idea of build slot/date then I will settle the Audi and run around in my wifes Arona in the interim. No an issue by any means as I work from home. So if something else does tempt me away then it wont be timing that is the issue
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

martinto8 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:21 pm I placed my order back in late August and set my own expectations that I wont see anything for close on a year and I am ok with this. I still have 1 year left of PCP on my Audi S5 back then so it was strategic for me. When I get a better idea of build slot/date then I will settle the Audi and run around in my wifes Arona in the interim. No an issue by any means as I work from home. So if something else does tempt me away then it wont be timing that is the issue
Sold my Aston in October. It would have gone in the garage for the winter but I'd initially anticipated that the Macan would arrive not long after it would have emerged anyway, so sold it while the price was buoyant. Now I wish I kept it and enjoyed it again next summer.

Thinking of getting an RS4 instead.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Would an RS4 be any sooner coming? My colleague ordered an S3 and was told “at least nine months but possibly longer”. Needless to say he withdrew the order and bought a used M140i instead.
Only problem was he paid well over the odds for a used car… 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Jon A wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:19 pm Would an RS4 be any sooner coming? My colleague ordered an S3 and was told “at least nine months but possibly longer”. Needless to say he withdrew the order and bought a used M140i instead.
Only problem was he paid well over the odds for a used car… 😳
Probably, but there are a several nearly new examples out there at present.
froggyr32

Post by froggyr32 »

Just sold my 2020 gts (reg FR09GEE If anyone on here)for nice profit, got a new gts due in June, bought an old shed for the winter.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Old Chimer wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:17 pm Nine weeks on from placing deposit/order, having originally been led to believe a Q1 or early Q2 build was possible, the latest indication is that there's only a slim chance of it being built and delivered before it becomes a 2023 model (with the accompanying price hike).

Frankly I'm not convinced I can cope with driving Mrs Chimer's Mini Countryman for another 9 months (or more) and I'm spending an increasing amount of time considering potential alternatives.

Am I alone?
I’ve been driving my wife’s Countryman since August . Will be nice to be in my own car when I pick up my Macan tomorrow. I have however been looking at putting a deposit down on the new BMW 240iM Xdrive as I can get a good discount using the BMW armed forces scheme.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Visit other OPC’s and speak with the SE or Principle and tell them what you are after, that you have a build code and are ready to place an order and lockdown immediately if they have any cancellations.

Or

If you have six grand spare, place two more deposits with OPC’s for different dealerships and wait until one comes with a confirmed build date, then sign up and cancel the others.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:17 pm Visit other OPC’s and speak with the SE or Principle and tell them what you are after, that you have a build code and are ready to place an order and lockdown immediately if they have any cancellations.

Or

If you have six grand spare, place two more deposits with OPC’s for different dealerships and wait until one comes with a confirmed build date, then sign up and cancel the others.
Thanks Col, but have already tried this and been quoted earliest delivery from next September by those I've spoken spoken to.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:02 pm
I’ve been driving my wife’s Countryman since August . Will be nice to be in my own car when I pick up my Macan tomorrow. I have however been looking at putting a deposit down on the new BMW 240iM Xdrive as I can get a good discount using the BMW armed forces scheme.
I'm sure the Macan will feel very special after the MINI. Enjoy!