Porsche/ Vodapone Connect car connect app changes coming?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I might be too hasty in the car now and my removal of stars in the app HAS deleted the entries from the PCM. Adding a favourite in the app still seem to generate two entries I'm the PCM favourites but it is letting me delete one. I can work with that, only regret is that I can't give the destinations "names", they were originally stored under the names of folk now it's just address first lines, but I can live with that.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Latest discovery, within the app with "Map" selected the destination at the bottom of the screen can be swiped, right or left, to cycle through the saved favourites. That mitigates the loss of the "list", I'm getting closer to approval!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Hauns4

Post by Hauns4 »

I am looking into the same topic. After owning now my Macan since early December I have activated both accounts - Connect and Car Connect. Could you help me understand what services come with Car Connect? OPC wants to charge me 0.5h work to activate it and currently I am running on a test run without paying Vodafone anything. Thank you
Macan S Diesel, 2017
black
20in
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I received an email this morning from Porsche announcing the app and the integration of it with other apps.

However, I have downloaded it and logged in, and whilst it shows an image of my vehicle, it does not show any of the details that I receive via the other apps that it has supposedly integrated.

For example, the new app shows me my vehicle model and colour, this is on the Vehicle tab, if I tap on the "i" link, it leads to a screen that says "Porsche Connect Services" and tells me I can find information on the availability of Connect Services via my Porsche partner.

The Map tab shows me a map of Stuttgart and at the bottom of the screen it says "Macan GTS - Remote services not available"

The Discover tab just gives me info on Porsche.

The Account tab shows me my model, VIN and Pairing code.

Is this the same for everyone?
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

I've just checked and have the same as you. it was working fine this morning, there must be a connection issue at present. The opening screen should be of your car, mileage and connection status. From this screen you can then click and check on the car's status (fuel level, service intervals, doors and mirrors status etc.) You can also locate you and your car's position etc.

There was an app update a few days ago which I installed and now this. I think its related as it was working fine before for the past month and since they did that over the air software update for the PCM.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

PMS888 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 pm I've just checked and have the same as you. it was working fine this morning, there must be a connection issue at present. The opening screen should be of your car, mileage and connection status. From this screen you can then click and check on the car's status (fuel level, service intervals, doors and mirrors status etc.) You can also locate you and your car's position etc.

There was an app update a few days ago which I installed and now this. I think its related as it was working fine before for the past month and since they did that over the air software update for the PCM.
Thanks for confirming it isn't just me.

Did you delete the other apps that are now supposed to be integrated?
I was wondering if having those on my phone made any difference.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:18 pm
PMS888 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 pm I've just checked and have the same as you. it was working fine this morning, there must be a connection issue at present. The opening screen should be of your car, mileage and connection status. From this screen you can then click and check on the car's status (fuel level, service intervals, doors and mirrors status etc.) You can also locate you and your car's position etc.

Thanks for confirming it isn't just me.

Did you delete the other apps that are now supposed to be integrated?
I was wondering if having those on my phone made any difference.
I deleted those when I installed the new Porsche app
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I received today's email and immediately went into the App, which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago, no change, still showing my car and favourites. However, after reading this thread I looked again only to find all my info erased. I then had to log in again, once in it asked for proof of I'd and ownership, requiring: VIN; Invoice or V5 image; Passport image and finally a phone number. It then displayed the message "Something went wrong" no clue what or help offered. Tried various combinations and alternatives, no difference. I'll try again in a day or two, worth noting that their Info pop ups seem to have been attached to the wrong fields, ID describes proof of ownership and visa versa :o
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:14 pm I received today's email and immediately went into the App, which I downloaded a couple of weeks ago, no change, still showing my car and favourites. However, after reading this thread I looked again only to find all my info erased. I then had to log in again, once in it asked for proof of I'd and ownership, requiring: VIN; Invoice or V5 image; Passport image and finally a phone number. It then displayed the message "Something went wrong" no clue what or help offered. Tried various combinations and alternatives, no difference. I'll try again in a day or two, worth noting that their Info pop ups seem to have been attached to the wrong fields, ID describes proof of ownership and visa versa :o
Could any “app” possibly be worth the embuggerence of all that validation???
Is it not possible to just drive the car without all this “virtual claptrap” 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I've loaded it a couple of times and when I do get sight of some options, they include unlock / locking the vehicle and the preheat function, which I'm sure doesn't apply to UK vehicles.
Also, when selecting it, the app just hangs!

I wouldn't like to think how many meetings and money is spent on these things, but when released they don't bloody work.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver