Porsche/ Vodapone Connect car connect app changes coming?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
User avatar
Nuclear Nick
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: Bristol

Post by Nuclear Nick » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:57 pm

Jon A wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:33 pm
Neil1911 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:20 pm
If you unlock it but don't open a door it locks again, never seen any indication it will do so if you get out and walk away. I think I have found mine unlocked one morning indicating it certainly doesn't do it by default. That could lead to a passenger getting locked in while you are in a shop, pros and cons, myriad!
Thanks Neil - See what you mean but door can always be opened from the inside it’s a safety law.
Not the case. The inside door handles are deactivated on locking the car. This is common and it’s to prevent anyone breaking glass and reaching in to open the door. Pressing the lock button on the key fob twice allows people or animals to remain locked in the car but without activation the alarm when they move around. The doors can be opened from the inside but the alarm will go off.
Nick

Macan Turbo Sept ‘16 - sold Aug ‘21

991.2 C2 GTS March ‘18

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Jon A
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:18 pm

Nuclear Nick wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:57 pm
Jon A wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:33 pm
Neil1911 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:20 pm
If you unlock it but don't open a door it locks again, never seen any indication it will do so if you get out and walk away. I think I have found mine unlocked one morning indicating it certainly doesn't do it by default. That could lead to a passenger getting locked in while you are in a shop, pros and cons, myriad!
Thanks Neil - See what you mean but door can always be opened from the inside it’s a safety law.
Not the case. The inside door handles are deactivated on locking the car. This is common and it’s to prevent anyone breaking glass and reaching in to open the door. Pressing the lock button on the key fob twice allows people or animals to remain locked in the car but without activation the alarm when they move around. The doors can be opened from the inside but the alarm will go off.
Oh ok see what you mean, but doors can be opened from the inside albeit the alarm would go off (unless set otherwise via the key)
I know they have to be openable to mitigate being trapped in the event of an accident etc.
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

User avatar
Nuclear Nick
Posts: 2996
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 pm
Location: Bristol

Post by Nuclear Nick » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:52 pm

Jon A wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:18 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:57 pm
Jon A wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:33 pm

Thanks Neil - See what you mean but door can always be opened from the inside it’s a safety law.
Not the case. The inside door handles are deactivated on locking the car. This is common and it’s to prevent anyone breaking glass and reaching in to open the door. Pressing the lock button on the key fob twice allows people or animals to remain locked in the car but without activation the alarm when they move around. The doors can be opened from the inside but the alarm will go off.
Oh ok see what you mean, but doors can be opened from the inside albeit the alarm would go off (unless set otherwise via the key)
I know they have to be openable to mitigate being trapped in the event of an accident etc.
Yes they can be opened by someone inside but only if the key has been pressed twice which is not what most people will do. If you only press once, as normal, the doors cannot be opened from the inside.
Nick

Macan Turbo Sept ‘16 - sold Aug ‘21

991.2 C2 GTS March ‘18

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA

Jon A
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm

Can you use voice control to send text messages in the Macan??
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

Bazza06
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Bazza06 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:37 pm

Neil1911 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:34 am
Bazza06 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:04 am
You'd think that with more than half a tank, it would get me further than 0 miles!


07D42F79-4437-4279-A841-E02125BAE7C7_1_201_a.jpeg
The flux capacitor looks to be working so when you arrive back in 2017 call me and warn me off Volcano Grey, lovely as it is!
:D
Current - 2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBK7KR6
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Bazza06
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Bazza06 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:41 pm

On the subject of door locking, I recently discovered that if the car is locked, and I use the key remote to open the boot, when I close the boot the doors are unlocked.

I did not realize this and assumed that if I only open the boot, the doors remain locked!
Current - 2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBK7KR6
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

User avatar
Neil1911
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:00 pm
Location: Sheffield, England

Post by Neil1911 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:41 pm

A shame isn't it? Another example of a retrograde step from mass market brands. I raised the same question at the Masterclass in case it was configurable, not so sadly.
2020 S: another Volcano Grey, 18" Macan Wheels +Spare, 14 way seats, ACC, Air Susp, PASM, Roof rails, Heated Screen & Front Seats, 75l tank, Comfort Lighting, PS+, Rev camera.
PNIX29HA ordered, 11 Jan 2022 @ Stockport.

Bazza06
Posts: 1881
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Post by Bazza06 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:50 pm

Neil1911 wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:41 pm
A shame isn't it? Another example of a retrograde step from mass market brands. I raised the same question at the Masterclass in case it was configurable, not so sadly.
I hadn't even got round to check if it was configurable, so thanks for saving me the time checking.

I've had many cars that allow the boot to be unlocked independently of the doors, and it becomes natural to expect the same configuration in most modern cars.
I can't understand why Porsche think they had to be different.
Current - 2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBK7KR6
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

PMS888
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:53 pm

Post by PMS888 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:02 pm

Jon A wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm
Can you use voice control to send text messages in the Macan??
Yes through Apple car play.

Jon A
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Jon A » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:22 pm

PMS888 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:02 pm
Jon A wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:20 pm
Can you use voice control to send text messages in the Macan??
Yes through Apple car play.
Of course I should have known - thanks 👍
Jon A
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Now Locked…
Last: Jag Fpace 300 sport
Past: Various Mercs, BM's and a TR7 once...

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post