Unavailable test drive

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

OPC Chester/Ellesmere port afforded me an unaccompanied test drive in a Macan S for about an hour, although tbh I didn't request any different. Take your business elsewhere I'm pretty sure there are many OPC's that will grant your request.

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

My OPC, Preston gave me an S for the afternoon on 2 occasions. I highly recommend them.
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

Sheffield OPC are owned by JCT600 and they only gave me 15 min unaccompanied but had to follow a SE throughout. At the time I had put down a deposit. This was however earlier this year in May just when dealers were opening up after lockdown. Not sure if it made a difference of is their general policy?
Last edited by PMS888 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

PMS888 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:15 am Sheffield OPC are owned by JCT600 and they only gave me 15 min unaccompanied but had to follow a SE throughout. At the time I had out down a deposit. This was however earlier this year in May just when dealers were opening up after lockdown. Not sure if it made a difference of is their general policy?
I really havent got a good word to say about Sheffield OPC (call back 3, promised last Tuesday hasn't happened) but we got my wife and I had initial drives with the SE, just to "try it for size", I'm 6' 2" and she's 11" less. That was followed up by a 24 hour test, no complaints about that but 2019 does seem like a lifetime ago now!

No Macans of any age in their showroom last week, so they may well be struggling for a demo!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Unaccompanied test drives:-

Cheshire Oaks

Wilmslow

Leeds

Bolton

Accompanied test drives:-

Bolton - on first visit, second was unaccompanied

South Lakes

Note
Preston OPC is a new dealership and part of Bowker who are mainly BMW and Mini, great service from them in the past and have had quite a few X3/X4 on test drives for a whole day.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Seems like nowt to do with the franchise owners then must just be down to the dealership management alone. I'm off to my local JCT600 OPCright now to get a reason for hearing nothing in 7 days....
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Well, before I set off to the OPC I succumbed to the entreaties from Google, which have been coming since my visit last week, and posted a review, here it is and the respose:

20211214_140620.png

That response was posted after I had set off I guess. The visit......
Walked in and asked reception if I could collect the touch up I'd ordered last week, off she went to chase it up. I mooched around the used cars in the show room (one possibly new 911 with personalised plates awaiting collection? and one used Macan GTS in the collection bay having it's shroud put on) two guys appeared said hello and I was handed my touch up, reached for my wallet but it was waved away, complimenary they say.... when I regained my feet and power of speech they confirmed this WAS a Porsche dealership! They did see the humour in that :D . The Service Manager, Clint, then introduced himself and explained that he wanted a word about my recent (ink still wet) Google review, answering several questions with his words! Settled into his office and received suitable apologies and this explanation, replacement, bug free, rear lights were ordered in August but nobody arranged fitment and after sitting on a shelf for too long they went back to Porsche. When I eventually phoned to chase on 3 November, it was probably decided that bugs are not covered by the warranty but nobody deigned to phone and tell me (I'm really NOT that scary). This may have been the conclusion too last week after I visited in person, but again nobody deigned to phone and tell me (I'm really NOT that scary, have I said that before?). However, my 2* review today obviously set off an alarm bell and the Service Manager has personally ordered new rear lights which will be fitted, FOC as a peace offering, next Tuesday, car being collected at 08:00. Incidentally he asked if I could review said review when all is resolved as otherwise it will have a direct impact on him 😉
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

it's a pity our services, lives, jobs, politics, media are now determined by a Like on social media
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Blimey!
Worth noting!!!