Unavailable test drive

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

We are in the process of trying to get a new car. We ordered an Audi Q3 in July only now to be told that the delivery date is impossible to predict.
This was to replace a four year old VW Tiguan.
In trying to rethink want we want we are considering a Macan to replace my Boxster 981S and the Tiguan and then get a S/H Golf/Focus/Octavia etc as a runaround.
We want to try both the Macan and Macan S. I have had regular contact with Porsche Leicester and thought it would be no problem getting a test drive, they have both as demos.
But no they will not allow unaccompanied test drives, they will only allow a 15 minute drive with the SE. This is ridiculous, I want to determine whether a Macan will suit my performance needs and my partner wants to check the drive of a bigger car.
They say this a group decision, Synter, as they have had a couple of cars stolen on test drives. I did't ask the question but does this preclude courtesy cars when having a service.
Porsche and OPC's spend a fortune on plush showrooms and OPC Leicester will even provide a lunch when you go in. This is all meaningless as cars are there to be driven and they are not allowing to try this basic function of a car.
I have had two Porsches previously and had no problem with getting unaccompanied test drives at Silverstone and Solihul which ironically are both Synter.
I have complained to Porsche GB and am awaiting a response.
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats

ianst

Post by ianst »

Only real option is to try another OPC. Nottingham?
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Other members and ex-members on here have had test drives of Gen 3 Macans at Mid Sussex OPC also owned by Synter
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Can’t speak for Leicester but I had a Taycan test drive with the SA in another Porsche in front with me following behind at Porsche Hatfield in May/June. In late October I was given 2 hours unaccompanied with a Macan GTS at Porsche East London but I had already put a deposit down with them. As with any purchase if you’re not happy with the service then take your business elsewhere. Tbf when my cousin bought his RS4 pre Covid in 2018 from Audi west London who are also part of Sytner they only gave him 20mins accompanied and he had also paid a deposit.
&roid

Post by &roid »

Had no problem with an unaccompanied test drive of a cross turismo from Stockport opc.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I was given the demo GTS for 4 hours to do with what I wanted, last week I was given the S demo for the day with a full tank of juice. All unaccompanied. They just asked for a copy of my D/lL and passport.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

OPC Silverstone (Sytner) also gave me a Macan S for the day to drive. No issues for unattended but I have put deposit down back in August for a GTS. Plus I left my car there with my keys so they could move it if needed. Guess my S5 was collateral
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:26 am I was given the demo GTS for 4 hours to do with what I wanted, last week I was given the S demo for the day with a full tank of juice. All unaccompanied. They just asked for a copy of my D/lL and passport.
Care to share your thoughts on both? :D
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Arrange an accompanied and extended test drive from another OPC.

Visit Sytner Leicester during the test drive and ask them why they should have your business.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

It almost sounds like the garage is paranoid of anything happing to the car and then been without a demo for many months to come due to the current supply issues. I’d take the short accompanied test drive and then, like others have said, simply move on to another OPC. But don’t bother parking on their forecourt looking for answers like was suggested above, the time would be far better spent enjoying the car!
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed