Pre-heat on gen 3?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:27 pm
Paul1970 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:11 pm I think all Porsche owners recognise and reluctantly accept the complete lack of options included on the price, but I think certain things really should be standard such as the front/rear cameras and, given it’s a sports car, speed limit indicators and limiters for example. No wonder they’re the most profitable car company.
I started my Porsche journey thinking that way but after many hours spent speccing I prefer having the choice of options. If they were standard the start price would be higher so there would be no saving and just impose a price for something you didn't want. Satnav is standard but I would forego it and save £1500 to spend on other choices and use my phone to avoid having to read my mapbook🙂
Fair point, and there is the nice fact that no 2 Porsches are indentical (well there probably are identical ones but with the array of options there are so many variations unlike, say, a Tesla where you pretty much pick a pack and that’s as individual as it gets).

Funny you should mention the Satnav because I tried out the built in nav the other day for the first time and had waze on as well. It was good to an extent, but it lacks the dynamism of the Waze system so it took me into traffic that Waze wanted to avoid. It also has this annoying habit of displaying the map on the right hand dash dial every time there is an instruction so I have to keep switching it back to the info view that I prefer.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Paul1970 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:40 pm
Funny you should mention the Satnav because I tried out the built in nav the other day for the first time and had waze on as well. It was good to an extent, but it lacks the dynamism of the Waze system so it took me into traffic that Waze wanted to avoid. It also has this annoying habit of displaying the map on the right hand dash dial every time there is an instruction so I have to keep switching it back to the info view that I prefer.
You can configure it not to do that. Explore "Navigation" settings.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

On-Track wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:16 pm
I’ve trawled through the Nav settings several times but cannot find a feature that appears to relate to that display. I will keep up the search though!
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Paul1970 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 pm
On-Track wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:16 pm
I’ve trawled through the Nav settings several times but cannot find a feature that appears to relate to that display. I will keep up the search though!
It's something related to "auto zoom" but without going out to the car I can't confirm that.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

RTFM

|Sorry|
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

bennachie wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:00 pm RTFM

|Sorry|
In my defence I have read the manual, watched the videos and sat in the car and pressed every button. But I still can’t figure it out. In fact I’m one of the rare folk who after getting a new car read the entire manual and stick post-it notes on all the pages I think are of relevance. That’s all part of the joy of a new car in my opinion.
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Good man.........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
GWL

Post by GWL »

Partysausage wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:30 am I find this odd if I’m honest.

Plenty of manufacturers below Porsches standing offer this.

A useful function for probably 6 months of the year in this country.
Which country are you in? At the moment I’m in South Wales where it’s been a balmy 11 centigrade for the past few days.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

GWL wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:42 pm
Partysausage wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:30 am I find this odd if I’m honest.

Plenty of manufacturers below Porsches standing offer this.

A useful function for probably 6 months of the year in this country.
Which country are you in? At the moment I’m in South Wales where it’s been a balmy 11 centigrade for the past few days.
North East England.