Macan versus Cayenne

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

Thanks for all comments. Now that our children have flown the nest I do not need the extra size the Cayenne offers. My dilemma is more down to what car of Macan size, looks, comfort and performance would I replace it with. I cling to the hope in a year or two maybe diesel fuel will undergo some kind of miraculous transformation and become (again) the fuel of choice. Fat chance I suppose. Macan size is perfect for us. Although my SD has done only 47000 miles I am now facing a (non urgent) repair bill from Porsche Edinburgh for various bits and bobs that have started to wear on the suspension and headlamp auto levelling system. £3222.00. Maybe it's time for me to search out a decent independent in Scotland. I should point out Porsche Edinburgh have been efficient and so far as I am aware, fair with their pricing in the past.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Changing car will inevitably cost you more than £3k. Sometimes better the devil you know, even if the independent is a few miles away...?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Chilgrove

Post by Chilgrove »

Yes, I agree £3k way less than the cost to change away from a car that I love.
NickP

Post by NickP »

Hi Chilgrove,
I completely agree with your comparison comments having done the same comparison with a new base Cayenne and my 2016 Macan SD a couple of months ago when it was in for it’s 5 yr service and MOT - at a rather lofty 75k miles. The space in the Cayenne is considerably better - notably in the rear - but the Macan is far more manageable around town and the handling on the open road is in a different league. The SD may be old and unfashionable but it’s still rather good. I just renewed the warranty for another 3 years (works out at around £700pa) which deals with the repair cost lottery although up until recently I had no issues (but sunroof drain problem and transfer box both done in the last 2k miles were reminders that these cars have expensive problems). Current view is that I’m just going to keep it and enjoy it, however lovely a shiny new GTS would be!
drgav2005

Post by drgav2005 »

Chilgrove wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:01 pm Thanks for all comments. Now that our children have flown the nest I do not need the extra size the Cayenne offers. My dilemma is more down to what car of Macan size, looks, comfort and performance would I replace it with. I cling to the hope in a year or two maybe diesel fuel will undergo some kind of miraculous transformation and become (again) the fuel of choice. Fat chance I suppose. Macan size is perfect for us. Although my SD has done only 47000 miles I am now facing a (non urgent) repair bill from Porsche Edinburgh for various bits and bobs that have started to wear on the suspension and headlamp auto levelling system. £3222.00. Maybe it's time for me to search out a decent independent in Scotland. I should point out Porsche Edinburgh have been efficient and so far as I am aware, fair with their pricing in the past.
I haven’t used them for a few years but had great work done by Motortune in Shotts which may be an option for you in future 👍