Bonnet alignment

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

macanese wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 am In response to all your kind thoughts and questions raised I suggest the following:
- be aware that there maybe a macan base crayon 71 reg for sale from yesterday at Tewkesbury opc other porsche dealers particularly in the Dick Lovett group which will require careful examination if you are looking to buy. The car has been carefully run in for 2000 miles, drives superbly, is perfect except for misalignment issues especially on the drivers side which require returning to show room standards.
- if you like the car only commit to a refundable deposit until the car is rectified to your satisfaction. You will probably have to pay more than I did but that is due to the market and the need for the opc to get a return on their business.

In general I suggest all new and used Macans should be very carefully inspected by their customers for these bodywork issues as pdi does not seem to uncover them. Pressures on the extended delivery times mean mistakes are more likely to be made which reduce product quality and customer service. It is even more important that customers are diligent with their checks on quality and service.
Buyer beware and ensure as many checks are made before you part with your money. Also if quality drops escalate the issue to the dealer principle to get a chance of quick and effective resolution. In my experience they and their senior management do not seem to be aware when there are problems so the customer has to do that job for them. Be prepared to have to work hard for resolution once they have your money. There is a lack of trust now in life which requires individuals to work harder with organisations to get the level of product and service they deserve. Porsche Ag and Porsche dealers are no different.

I will return to porsche ownership but through the independant sales and service route. My experience has put me off using the opc route to ensure enjoyment of porsche ownership in the future.
Sorry to hear of your terrible experience and thank you for the info and advice. Think I will definitely be checking mine carefully when it arrives before I hand over full payment even if it does delay collection a couple of days.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)

Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Thanks for the update. What Porsche are you looking at buying next?

I cancelled my order yesterday evening and received a reply this morning consistent with the level of service I’ve had from my OPC since the day I ordered!!
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

macanese wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 am In response to all your kind thoughts and questions raised I suggest the following:
- be aware that there maybe a macan base crayon 71 reg for sale from yesterday at Tewkesbury opc other porsche dealers particularly in the Dick Lovett group which will require careful examination if you are looking to buy. The car has been carefully run in for 2000 miles, drives superbly, is perfect except for misalignment issues especially on the drivers side which require returning to show room standards.
- if you like the car only commit to a refundable deposit until the car is rectified to your satisfaction. You will probably have to pay more than I did but that is due to the market and the need for the opc to get a return on their business.

In general I suggest all new and used Macans should be very carefully inspected by their customers for these bodywork issues as pdi does not seem to uncover them. Pressures on the extended delivery times mean mistakes are more likely to be made which reduce product quality and customer service. It is even more important that customers are diligent with their checks on quality and service.
Buyer beware and ensure as many checks are made before you part with your money. Also if quality drops escalate the issue to the dealer principle to get a chance of quick and effective resolution. In my experience they and their senior management do not seem to be aware when there are problems so the customer has to do that job for them. Be prepared to have to work hard for resolution once they have your money. There is a lack of trust now in life which requires individuals to work harder with organisations to get the level of product and service they deserve. Porsche Ag and Porsche dealers are no different.

I will return to porsche ownership but through the independant sales and service route. My experience has put me off using the opc route to ensure enjoyment of porsche ownership in the future.
Shame you’ve had this very poor experience. In contrast however, my OPC experience, Bristol, also Dick Lovett Group, has been excellent over five years and two cars. Their response to fixing problems has been very good. Others on here have also reported good service from Dick Lovett dealerships, also with other franchisees. My point is that it’s a mistake to fall into the rather common trap amongst members here to condemn all dealerships because of a bad experience with one or two. We are quick to criticise but slow to praise. Whatever you decide to do I hope your future experience with Porsche is what it should be and matches what most of us have experienced.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I agree with Nick! :)

I have dealt with both Swindon and Tewkesbury, both in the Dick Lovett group.

I brought my Macan from Swindon. Then, from Tewkesbury, I purchased a pre-owned 991.1 C2, followed by a new Panamera 4. I still use both OPCs for maintenance, repairs and wheel swaps on my Carrera T (brought from Cambridge OPC).

I have found the service at Tewkesbury to be especially good, having positive comments about both Emma (now Sales Manager I think) and Dan (now Dealership Principal I believe).

All the best for your future car buying adventures! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

The fact that the misalignments are in the minority tends to suggest that it is not a factory fault as that would be corrected immediately and jigs recalibrated etc. I can't see a car leaving the factory with such visible faults.

Which leaves the possibility that these cases have arisen due to damage in transit and are just botched repairs by the OPC. Just as you have to sign various declarations and warranties, it would be useful to get a signed declaration from the OPC prior to collection that no damage has arisen in transit and no repairs or remedial work has been carried out on the car. If an issue arises after collection and it can be determined that the OPC mistated the truth then you would be eligible to, not only the cost of the car but also, punitive damages for the inconvenience and costs that you have and will incur in finding a replacement.

If the OPC fesses up then you can either accept the car as is for a bit of discount or reject it. Obviously if he refuses to sign the warranty then QED guilty and reject the car.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:58 pm The fact that the misalignments are in the minority tends to suggest that it is not a factory fault as that would be corrected immediately and jigs recalibrated etc. I can't see a car leaving the factory with such visible faults.

Which leaves the possibility that these cases have arisen due to damage in transit and are just botched repairs by the OPC. Just as you have to sign various declarations and warranties, it would be useful to get a signed declaration from the OPC prior to collection that no damage has arisen in transit and no repairs or remedial work has been carried out on the car. If an issue arises after collection and it can be determined that the OPC mistated the truth then you would be eligible to, not only the cost of the car but also, punitive damages for the inconvenience and costs that you have and will incur in finding a replacement.

If the OPC fesses up then you can either accept the car as is for a bit of discount or reject it. Obviously if he refuses to sign the warranty then QED guilty and reject the car.
That’s an excellent point. I had intended to ask them to put in writing to me that all panel gaps were perfect before collection, but the other aspects you mention are just as valid. I will try this and see what happens.
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Buy yourself a paint thickness detector. I always check any car I buy with one and any repairs to paint can rarely be hidden from the device. ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Hertsman

Post by Hertsman »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:58 pm The fact that the misalignments are in the minority tends to suggest that it is not a factory fault as that would be corrected immediately and jigs recalibrated etc. I can't see a car leaving the factory with such visible faults.

Good luck with getting an OPC to give additional warranties and guarantees!!! They will undoubtedly tell you where to go. If you refuse the car you are then in breach of contract for unreasonably refusing delivery. They will sell the car on for more money and you can say goodbye to at least your deposit.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Hertsman wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:49 pm

Good luck with getting an OPC to give additional warranties and guarantees!!! They will undoubtedly tell you where to go. If you refuse the car you are then in breach of contract for unreasonably refusing delivery. They will sell the car on for more money and you can say goodbye to at least your deposit.
Where are you getting this “breach of contract” stuff from? The law doesn’t work that way and particularly not in the UK 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Hertsman

Post by Hertsman »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:58 pm
Hertsman wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:49 pm

Where are you getting this “breach of contract” stuff from? The law doesn’t work that way and particularly not in the UK 🤔
You sign an order form when you order a car and pay the deposit. I think the terms and conditions within that agreement constitute a contract which are legally binding.