Bonnet alignment

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

I looked at two new Macan’s in the showroom at my local OPC yesterday, they both had varying panel gaps at the back of the clamshell bonnet where it meets the front wings. I then went outside to their new GTS demo car and that also had the same as well.

It’s not going to put me off though I still think they are fantastic cars and can’t wait to get mine 😃
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I don't think the gap is the prime problem. It is the step between the bonnet and the door that shouldn't be there You should be able to put a ruler across and they should be flush.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
macanese

Post by macanese »

Agree it is the step that is the problem not gap. Modern cars especially Porsche should not have this problem. Porsche can do and should do better in controlling quality and fixing the problem before the customer receives the product.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Is this a Covid era problem and only affecting Gen 3 models?
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
macanese

Post by macanese »

Impossible to tell as Porsche are clearly not transparent about the issue to customers but I suggest covid is a smoke screen. The real issue is those cars affected should not get through the pdi done by the opc and be released for sales handover. If the customer flags the issue at handover then the process should stop , prior to payment, so the opc senior management have an incentive to solve the problem effectively. Anything less is poor customer sales and after sales service which I received resulting in rejection. Also the handover should involve customer inspection of the product prior to full payment. I was not offered this so resulting in a painful/stressful process of proving grounds for rejection. Note the opc had showroom gen3 and used gen2 stock onsite all without significant steps/misalignment as benchmarks. Pity they did not use them in their internal quality control processes before letting me have my car.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I visited the OPC and got to see a Gen 3 S today waiting to go out the door and it looked fine. It seems that by design the latest bonnet is slightly oversized, by mm’s. It was nothing obvious or problematical and I’d have driven away without a second thought if it were mine.
Macan S MY 2023
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Well, as most of you are probably all aware I cancelled my Macan S order over a week ago for a number of reasons, no build date , bonnet alignment etc etc.
I am still waiting for my 3k deposit to hit my bank account, which honestly doesn’t surprise me.

The good news is, I have now finally bought a Porsche and from an OPC that I just can’t fault.

Anyways, here she is,pick her up next weekend and can’t wait. :D

AADDDE69-B7C1-4875-8C69-34A9821690B3.jpeg

64383DB3-3662-48FC-B6AF-EFB16B842F93.jpeg

Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Sweetmeister wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:39 pm Well, as most of you are probably all aware I cancelled my Macan S order over a week ago for a number of reasons, no build date , bonnet alignment etc etc.
I am still waiting for my 3k deposit to hit my bank account, which honestly doesn’t surprise me.

The good news is, I have now finally bought a Porsche and from an OPC that I just can’t fault.

Anyways, here she is,pick her up next weekend and can’t wait. :D

Congrats on the new car and congrats on moving so fast with your backup option!
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nice looking 991.1 GTS. :) Congrats! Tell us more about this beauty!

And you need to update your signature/tag line! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Cheers folks, I’m so pleased with the car. I’ve always fancied a GTS and then this popped up with perfect timing at an OPC.

It’s a 2015 991.1 GTS (well spotted wing commander) PDK in jet black metallic. Only 25k miles from new with full OPC history. It’s in excellent condition but the only issue I had with the car was that the centre locks were badly oxidised and had lost their colour. The dealer agreed to replace all four with new as part of the deal. These are nearly 1k to buy!.
It’s got all the standard sports chrono ,PSE and PASM as standard and the 4 way electric alcantara and leather sports seats with GTS logo which are so comfortable. That 3.8 sounds amazing and the PDK box is stunningly smooth.

I also took out a gen 2 C2S at a different OPC but after driving the gen 1 GTS there was no competition. The noise of that naturally aspirated 3.8 makes you just fall in love, and I did.Deposit promptly paid. :D

The dealer experience was in a different league compared to where I ordered my Macan, and has restored my faith in the Porsche brand. I was treated how I expected to be treated and nothing was too much trouble. They even answered emails on a Sunday, their day off!

Can’t wait to pick her up now,to say I’m happy is an understatement.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D