Porsche connect issues

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

On my previous Macan, I had an external SIM from Three.
It was £7.99, I can't remember how much data ii provided, but it wasn't time limited and I never used all the allowance during the time I owned the car.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

GTB

Post by GTB »

Bazza06,

Totally agree with what you are saying, but think most manufacturers now and omitting the oppertunity for the owner to provide their own connections to the outside world, so after your initial ownership period a annual or monthly fee for online/connect/remote services looks like the way its going. Even my runabout Kia Ceed Diesel I bought in March this year ( Already at 17000Mls) after one year free its something like £120 per annum for online services, voice control live traffic etc if you want to keep it.

I cant remember how to do it, but you can set up a wifi hotspot using your own mobile phone sim for others in the car to connect to and as such its your own Mobile data plan that gets used.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Bazza06 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:50 am It's the SIM that I want the most. Damned if I will pay £19 per month for 7GB of data.
I'm not so concerned about the loss of the SD card readers.
Can you not use your phone as a WiFi hot-spot and connect the pcm to the Internet via that?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I've tried using the phone as a WIFI hotspot but can't get it to connect or accept.
I spent quite a bit of time doing so, but to no avail.

If anybody on here has successfully done so, with a GEN3 model, I'd be interested to hear how they achieved it.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:43 pm
Bazza06 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:50 am It's the SIM that I want the most. Damned if I will pay £19 per month for 7GB of data.
Can you not use your phone as a WiFi hot-spot and connect the pcm to the Internet via that?
There can be an issue that some phone sims place a limit on the amount of data that can be used by what they call a tethered connection
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

pmg wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:29 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:43 pm
There can be an issue that some phone sims place a limit on the amount of data that can be used by what they call a tethered connection
I’ve tried tethering my phone to the PCM but to no avail. If you’ve got an iphone then you can use Apple CarPlay to use a Radio app (that you have to download onto your phone) and play it through the car.

Alternatively if you want to link up devices like iPads then go to settings on your i phone —> personal hotspots —>
Turn it on and then link your devices via Bluetooth. Buying data is a lot cheaper on your phone tariff then through Porsche.
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Hi all
We picked up our 2020 cayenne E Hybrid on Monday and were sent the invite to Porsche connect by the dealer in advance to activate our 8 digit access code. I have been entering this code on the pcm since Monday on a regular basis and it is still failing to connect to the Porsche server. It just means that I can’t see any car details on my app which is not ideal but not the end of the world

Anyone else having similar issues

Thanks
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

It sounds like your activation code has timed out. You need to generate a new code via your Porsche Vodafone account:

https://pcc.vodafonetelematics.com/cwp/ ... welcome.do

Once you’re logged in, at the top of the screen click on ‘phones’ and in the middle of the screen you will see the link ‘generate new activation code’.

Try this code on your PCM or Porsche app.

I hope it helps.
Miniman

Post by Miniman »

And sure enough my Porsche connect has stopped working. Not really good enough is it?
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Issues with mine. It couldn't be connected on delivery day. Now connected but useless.

I don't need a tracker for insurance purposes, but on my Gen 2 could see the location of the car, fuel level etc., and didn't need to leave a fob inside.

On my Gen 3 I have to leave the fob inside (no big deal) but although the app says it's connected to the car it can't show me the location or much data. It's also been through a stage of saying the car's unlocked when it isn't.

I never used to use it much anyway, but it's all a bit tedious. Suspect a VF issue more than Porsche judging by the previous service with my daughter's phone contract.
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)