Porsche connect issues

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:53 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:43 am That's good that it hasn't been binned completely then. I guess Porsche hope some people won't notice or bother but I definitely want it as I plan on keeping the car for a long time.
I've just looked at the configurator and see the below section under Standard Features.
It mentions a SIM card reader, but I think this is the internal SIM, which is not accessible to the owner.

There is no mention of a SIM card slot in the centre console storage compartment. This contradicts what the dealer has told me.
So who knows whether they have now removed it completely!

51607728-53F0-4B5D-8CCD-C8571850CC46.png
Just to add to my earlier post, this image is from my manual, and it does imply a SIM card slot should be present!

26AB36CE-384E-4577-A5BC-631F5BC5C7C9_1_201_a.jpeg

Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:43 am That's good that it hasn't been binned completely then. I guess Porsche hope some people won't notice or bother but I definitely want it as I plan on keeping the car for a long time.
I've just looked at the configurator and see the below section under Standard Features.
It mentions a SIM card reader, but I think this is the internal SIM, which is not accessible to the owner.

There is no mention of a SIM card slot in the centre console storage compartment. This contradicts what the dealer has told me.

There must be some way to change the SIM easily as I can't imagine they bury a German SIM in the factory that they expect to work wherever the car ends up on the planet? There must be ones that fail as any SIM can.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:19 pm

There must be some way to change the SIM easily as I can't imagine they bury a German SIM in the factory that they expect to work wherever the car ends up on the planet? There must be ones that fail as any SIM can.
My understanding is that these days a sim does not need to be physical item it can be software code. Hence if Porsche/Vodapone are clever the embedded sim could be of that form
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Bastardardos!
Deleted User 4325

All that tech and it seems that none of it works as planned though.
That is pretty shoddy, it's not like we're buying a radio controlled car from Maplins ffs!!!!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I have raised an enquiry with Porsche HQ, sent images and history.

They will send it to Germany as they couldn’t answer the question of whether the centre storage console is a temporary fix due to the semiconductor issue and, if so, whether it will be subsequently replaced.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:46 pm I have raised an enquiry with Porsche HQ, sent images and history.

They will send it to Germany as they couldn’t answer the question of whether the centre storage console is a temporary fix due to the semiconductor issue and, if so, whether it will be subsequently replaced.
Be interested in their response Bazza.
Deleted User 4325

Definitely looking forward to a reply on that one!!!!
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

The Porsche connect doesn't even connect to ours either. Just useless!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

My enquiry via Porsche UK, that was then sent to Porsche Germany, comprised two parts:

1) Are the online services part of the included package when buying a new vehicle - Answer - NO, you have to pay for the data package at £19PM for 7GB

2) Is my dealer correct when they told me the external SIM was not provided due to the global semiconductor shortage, but would be added when the situation eases? They did not answer this!!

So now I have gone back to Porsche UK to ask why they have not responded to this question!!!
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver