Porsche connect issues

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Porsche replied to my question regarding the console. They said:

"Your vehicle will be retro fitted with the correct console which includes the SD Card Slot.
Porsche don’t know when they will be retro fitted but we have been advised by Porsche Germany (PAG) that they will not have sufficient stock until potentially past February 2022. This is not guaranteed."
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Can somebody let Omni know he will be pleased
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Bazza06 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 pm Porsche replied to my question regarding the console. They said:

"Your vehicle will be retro fitted with the correct console which includes the SD Card Slot.
Porsche don’t know when they will be retro fitted but we have been advised by Porsche Germany (PAG) that they will not have sufficient stock until potentially past February 2022. This is not guaranteed."
Great stuff Bazza. I wonder if they will do a recall on all vehicles? When I picked mine up last week, the SE didn't know anything about it when I queried why there wasn't one in the console.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

MacanSman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:57 pm
Bazza06 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:28 pm Porsche replied to my question regarding the console. They said:

Great stuff Bazza. I wonder if they will do a recall on all vehicles? When I picked mine up last week, the SE didn't know anything about it when I queried why there wasn't one in the console.
I can only imagine they will recall all vehicles that it applies to.
The manual shows a console with 2 x USB, 1 x SD & 1 x SIM.
Question is, will they prioritize new build vehicles over those that are already out there?
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Being a cynic, I'd risk a tenner on them only doing this if the owners raises it as an issue. The youf that think SD cards are archain just won't care!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:30 pm Can somebody let Omni know he will be pleased
Will do.

I'm happy with that!
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:10 am

Being a cynic, I'd risk a tenner on them only doing this if the owners raises it as an issue. The youf that think SD cards are archain just won't care!
The Youf would just buy a dogtail SD to USBC adapter from Amazon for a tenner.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
pmg

Post by pmg »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:10 am

I do think SD card is a great loss as there is an alternative. Youf are far more likely to find the loss of the sim slot an issue as they need to keep the cost of providing a wifi signal for their kids playing on their tablets in the back seats down
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

It's the SIM that I want the most. Damned if I will pay £19 per month for 7GB of data.
I'm not so concerned about the loss of the SD card readers.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
GTB

Post by GTB »

With my Merc the seperate internet option etc etc is done thru the inbuilt sim card in the car. Its only provided via Vodafone and the cost can be for a days use, but for me an annual subscription was they way to go for £100.

Annual 100GB
Up to 100GB data
To use as you want for
365 Days

If you use more than 100GB you can top it up,

Porsche rates certainly far more expensive and from the same provider!!

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0