Porsche connect issues

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PMS888

Post by PMS888 »

If you chose not to tether your phone as you can see, buying data packages from Porsche is not cheap and hardly what I call value!

D41F575F-C0D2-4186-B1D8-1E55B4DBEF5E.jpeg

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

PMS888 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:01 pm If you chose not to tether your phone as you can see, buying data packages from Porsche is not cheap and hardly what I call value!
Many thanks for looking into this.
I will download the app and try it out tomorrow.

You’re right about the data packages being poor value. Even the dealer agreed when I raised it with them previously.
They suggested I provide my own SIM and data package, until I pointed there was no facility to add a SIM!

Thanks again.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:13 am
PMS888 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:01 pm If you chose not to tether your phone as you can see, buying data packages from Porsche is not cheap and hardly what I call value!

You’re right about the data packages being poor value. Even the dealer agreed when I raised it with them previously.
They suggested I provide my own SIM and data package, until I pointed there was no facility to add a SIM!

Thanks again.
Stand your ground Bazza. They need to sort this out and provide you with the subscription free period of the full service to which you are entitled.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Thanks again.

On that point Bazza I'm going to make a stink if my car comes without the bloody SIM and SD card slots a they were a selling point when I bought the car.

I hope they can be retro fitted if not there.
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:31 am

Thanks again.
Stand your ground Bazza. They need to sort this out and provide you with the subscription free period of the full service to which you are entitled.
It's been very frustrating to try and get an answer from them as to whether the online element is part of the subscription free period.
I'm receiving other elements, but not the ability to use that.

Hence, I was wondering whether other GEN3 owners are able to access this without having to buy the data package, which I will not be doing.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:50 am

Thanks again.

On that point Bazza I'm going to make a stink if my car comes without the bloody SIM and SD card slots a they were a selling point when I bought the car.

I hope they can be retro fitted if not there.
You'll get the USB-C slots, but you may not get the SIM.
I am told that this will be fitted at a later date once the semiconductor issue alleviates.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

That's good that it hasn't been binned completely then. I guess Porsche hope some people won't notice or bother but I definitely want it as I plan on keeping the car for a long time.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Bazza06 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:59 am

Thanks again.
It's been very frustrating to try and get an answer from them as to whether the online element is part of the subscription free period.

Hence, I was wondering whether other GEN3 owners are able to access this without having to buy the data package, which I will not be doing.
Looks like Porsche have changed the package for Macan II/III and now looks like you get Navigation & Infotainment services in the subscription free period but not the data package which gives you in-car wifi etc. You should be able to see this when you log into My Porsche, go to the Connect Store where your car should be listed, you should be able to tap on 'My Products' which should then show you what you've got in the contract and how long it lasts. Nav & Info Services at least should be shown, tap on that and it lists everything that is included in that package. I think you may find that the data package is listed as an extra.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:43 am That's good that it hasn't been binned completely then. I guess Porsche hope some people won't notice or bother but I definitely want it as I plan on keeping the car for a long time.
I've just looked at the configurator and see the below section under Standard Features.
It mentions a SIM card reader, but I think this is the internal SIM, which is not accessible to the owner.

There is no mention of a SIM card slot in the centre console storage compartment. This contradicts what the dealer has told me.
So who knows whether they have now removed it completely!

51607728-53F0-4B5D-8CCD-C8571850CC46.png

Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:32 pm
Bazza06 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:59 am

Looks like Porsche have changed the package for Macan II/III and now looks like you get Navigation & Infotainment services in the subscription free period but not the data package which gives you in-car wifi etc. You should be able to see this when you log into My Porsche, go to the Connect Store where your car should be listed, you should be able to tap on 'My Products' which should then show you what you've got in the contract and how long it lasts. Nav & Info Services at least should be shown, tap on that and it lists everything that is included in that package. I think you may find that the data package is listed as an extra.
I believe you're right, Nick.

The below image shows what I see in my account, and the data package is shown as an option.
It would appear that there is no free period for this.
It would help if the dealers knew what is / isn't included.

Thanks for looking into this.

F3C07581-9A5B-4810-869B-7F250DF3187F.png

Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver