Omni

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

In most forums there is a clique of long standing members who get to know each other and develop a close understanding of what they consider Banter. Newbies find it hard to understand that pedantry is their forte. So when they join in, unless they have read the last two or three years postings they stand no chance of avoiding the flak that will come their way. I only joined in September but all the characters in this soap opera have come to the fore. Omni and Mistercesc have left and others will do so because what they hoped would be a source of information about Porsche is really just a talking shop for those who have nothing better to do. 80% of the answers are own opinions and guesses and just 20% is fact. Perhaps other Macan forums are the answer. I doubt it.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Toddie wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:35 pm Hey Ho ho ho ho Merry bloody Christmas to you as well. What I can’t understand is that some of you are like a dog with a bone that won’t let it go!! If I am not mistaken the moderators have already deleted an OMNI thread? Whether I log in again or not will have no reflection on your opinion, as quite frankly it is not exactly objective.
OK 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
GWL

Post by GWL »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:36 pm In most forums there is a clique of long standing members who get to know each other and develop a close understanding of what they consider Banter. Newbies find it hard to understand that pedantry is their forte. So when they join in, unless they have read the last two or three years postings they stand no chance of avoiding the flak that will come their way. I only joined in September but all the characters in this soap opera have come to the fore. Omni and Mistercesc have left and others will do so because what they hoped would be a source of information about Porsche is really just a talking shop for those who have nothing better to do. 80% of the answers are own opinions and guesses and just 20% is fact. Perhaps other Macan forums are the answer. I doubt it.
I've been taken aback at the animosity shown to Omni. I found his posts quite entertaining and I'm sad he's been driven out by a clique who pass judgement as to who is worthy or not. Things have got a bit unpleasant and condescending. Will the last member turn out the lights, please.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
hood69

Post by hood69 »

GWL wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:38 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:36 pm In most forums there is a clique of long standing members who get to know each other and develop a close understanding of what they consider Banter. Newbies find it hard to understand that pedantry is their forte. So when they join in, unless they have read the last two or three years postings they stand no chance of avoiding the flak that will come their way. I only joined in September but all the characters in this soap opera have come to the fore. Omni and Mistercesc have left and others will do so because what they hoped would be a source of information about Porsche is really just a talking shop for those who have nothing better to do. 80% of the answers are own opinions and guesses and just 20% is fact. Perhaps other Macan forums are the answer. I doubt it.
I've been taken aback at the animosity shown to Omni. I found his posts quite entertaining and I'm sad he's been driven out by a clique who pass judgement as to who is worthy or not. Things have got a bit unpleasant and condescending. Will the last member turn out the lights, please.
Driven out!
Really?
What a load of absolute tosh.
I have picked up 1 negative post on this thread about Omni and that is it.
As usual a bunch of folks anxious to be offended by something.
I am delighted Omni has his Macan and has lots of happy miles and that was what the thread was for-to give him good wishes.
Cracking forum IMO.
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Amazing how 1 person has caused such a stir on a forum, his last thread that was deleted has caused most of this animosity imo, and it was a huge over reaction!!
Omni liked to voice his opinion from what I saw and most didn't mind it, seems when others do it it gets picked up on now and some posters throw their toys out the pram. Why can't folk just ignore posts if they don't like them, instead of saying they aren't going to return to the forum if it carries on? (not really anything negative in this thread either)
I have no idea how some on here cope out in the real world, must be very depressing for them being so sensitive. Not everyone is going to get on, that's life.
Now, wonder if Omni has got his Bluetooth switchable exhaust fitted to his Macan yet?

Why are folk deleting their accounts, doesn't make sense?
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I will openly admit I stopped coming to this forum because of the sheer number of posts from someone who didn’t even own a Macan. I simply found it overwhelming and just walked away. I’ve had my car for 4 months and I’m still learning about it.

I don’t know what’s gone on since, nor who said what, but I will probably be back more often in the hope this forum has returned to what it was intended.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rarecolour wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:39 am Amazing how 1 person has caused such a stir on a forum, his last thread that was deleted has caused most of this animosity imo, and it was a huge over reaction!!
Omni liked to voice his opinion from what I saw and most didn't mind it, seems when others do it it gets picked up on now and some posters throw their toys out the pram. Why can't folk just ignore posts if they don't like them, instead of saying they aren't going to return to the forum if it carries on? (not really anything negative in this thread either)
I have no idea how some on here cope out in the real world, must be very depressing for them being so sensitive. Not everyone is going to get on, that's life.
Now, wonder if Omni has got his Bluetooth switchable exhaust fitted to his Macan yet?

Why are folk deleting their accounts, doesn't make sense?
Well said or like Steve use the ignore/block facility so the individual's post do not get notified to you
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. I have found this forum to be an overwhelmingly friendly place for the six years I’ve been on here. :)

Although I hope I’m not the person who F1 Nut is referring to. 😬

There are several longstanding forum contributors who still own a Porsche, but not currently a Macan. They are really nice folks. ;)

Looking forward to my next chance to say “Welcome to our friendly forum.” :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Been on this site for over six years and can’t say I’ve ever known (until now) of any that have deleted their account because they felt they were being “picked on”. The forum has seen some excellent well informed members over the years and yes there are lots of differing opinions re specs 🙄 The one thing it has always been, and will continue to be is an excellent source of information for those that actually want to use it for that purpose. 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Well said Simon and Mike.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.