OPC Freebies in 2021 - What to expect?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Highflyer99 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:42 am When we collected our Gen 3 S late September from OPC
Had a Porsche Umbrela ,Hats , Mugs full tank of petrol (75 litres) and a big bouquet of flowers
Along with photo of car in presentation box and a couple of weeks ago a metal Porsche Pylon which I wasn’t expecting…
No complaints from us ..
By comparison when I picked up from OPC Guildford I didn’t get a thing from them. Think the quality of your OPC has a lot to do with what you get and how you are treated. They couldn’t seem to get us out the door fast enough, oh apart from trying to sell Gap insurance which was the only thing they cared about.

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

We should start a thread rating the various dealerships. I would happily drive my Macan a couple of hundred miles and even spend the night in a decent Inn to feel the benefit of competitive pricing, follow through on promises and maybe a loan car.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Guildford don't seem to get good write ups?
I've read poor ones about their after sales.
They are my local dealership but not the one I'm buying from!!!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:59 am Guildford don't seem to get good write ups?
I've read poor ones about their after sales.
They are my local dealership but not the one I'm buying from!!!
I will do a write up at some point about my first couple of months living with my gen3 and the buying experience and will go into more details on Guildford - but based on my experience you’ve done yourself a big favour not buying from them.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:38 am We should start a thread rating the various dealerships. I would happily drive my Macan a couple of hundred miles and even spend the night in a decent Inn to feel the benefit of competitive pricing, follow through on promises and maybe a loan car.
I think this is a great idea. I think most of us are very conservative about what we share in our OPC dealings but it does make a big difference to the buying and after sales experience who you go with. I for one would love a good recommendation for an OPC for servicing.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I believe OPCs are rated on their customer service and there’s a league table.

I have found Tewkesbury and Swindon to both be pretty good on customer service, to be fair. (Both are part of the Dick Lovett group, as are Bristol and Cardiff.)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I have only bought from South Lakes where the service has been excellent both in Sales and especially after sales with the exception of what they have as loaners.

Freebies, 4 coffee mugs, 2 insulated mugs.

All new Porsche's should be handed over with a full tank of fuel.

Cheshire Oaks were good on the sales side.

Bolton Porsche were just OK on sales.

Wilmslow were dire, not interested in sales at all, I blame the Cheshire Set for inspiring the sales lack of interest in that it is they who just want to drive the badge by way of it being a bling accessory and they are not actually interested in the dynamics of a Porsche.

Good luck
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:24 am I believe OPCs are rated on their customer service and there’s a league table.

I have found Tewkesbury and Swindon to both be pretty good on customer service, to be fair. (Both are part of the Dick Lovett group, as are Bristol and Cardiff.)
Dick Lovett as a group are excellent. I’ve dealt with their Hungerford BMW dealership in the past and found them excellent on the service and sales sides.
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

BanZ wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:33 am
Highflyer99 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:42 am When we collected our Gen 3 S late September from OPC
Had a Porsche Umbrela ,Hats , Mugs full tank of petrol (75 litres) and a big bouquet of flowers
Along with photo of car in presentation box and a couple of weeks ago a metal Porsche Pylon which I wasn’t expecting…
No complaints from us ..
By comparison when I picked up from OPC Guildford I didn’t get a thing from them. Think the quality of your OPC has a lot to do with what you get and how you are treated. They couldn’t seem to get us out the door fast enough, oh apart from trying to sell Gap insurance which was the only thing they cared about.
Do be honest Banz as a new to Porsche owner our experience has been brilliant 🤩 no complaints
Have had follow up calls and a offer to book a free’Masterclass’ also with their Porsche Pro …
Just the Macan now to prove itself and i have no doubts on that side…..
Stevieman

Post by Stevieman »

I’ve dealt virtually with Aberdeen, with no complaints and a hat , pair of mugs, an insulated flask and all weather mats as gifts in the car when dropped off.

Perth were fine, although couldn’t fix the issue I was having.

Edinburgh have been great and I got a small freebie after the last service ( ice cube mold, lol) . Along with all my spare fluids of course, ( which you pay for anyways, lol) .

Only been into the showroom in Glasgow and never spent any money so can’t comment on them. Although they are a Synter group like Edinburgh, so should be similar.
2020 Macan S
Z018 M2 (sold)
2016 M135i (sold)
2002 Boxster S (little project)