19” Winter Tyres

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

So are Porsche saying that if you get ANY N0 approved tyre that has suffered a puncture repaired, your warranty is invalid??? If so, I’d like to see this in writing, and which item isn’t covered under warranty.....the repaired tyre??? 🤔🤔

Sounds like OPC BS to me!! 🤣🤣
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

I’d call your OPC and ask what the current tyres are. Just because they can’t source doesn’t mean tyres aren’t out there. They will have a supply route that potentially restricts their options.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Don’t forget they’ll happily sell you a full set of tyres at an inflated price, if that’s the easy option for them.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Can you get the name, size, info on the tyre off the OPC and have a search yourself?

Easier said than done but surely you can take the tyres and wheels elsewhere and the puncture replaced and then fitted?

This of course depends upon how much your prepared to risk any warranty issue regardless of how much scaremongering /waffle your being fed.

I’m in Washington and I’ve had a puncture plugged on my Macan for £35 on my drive. Quite frankly they get get f****d (for the want of a better word) if they think I’m shelling out for a new tyre.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Carmen wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:43 pm Can anyone please help? I have just put the Macan in to change to winter wheels (19” turbo set) and one of the tyres has a puncture. The Porsche dealer has said they are unable to source a matching replacement tyre for this set, nor can they find a suitable new matching 4 set anywhere.
They are talking about availability in Jan next year. The winter wheel set cost £2500 and have only been on the car twice! Has anyone else had this problem? The car on its current set of 21inch sports/summer tyres will be completely unusable for months now...no thaw up in Newcastle until at least April now! What should I be asking for?
That is complete and utter tosh.

I would write a letter of complaint to the GM and cc in Trading Standards, the AA and Whatcar, I fact anyone else you can think of.

It's ludicrous to suggest that a tyre repair would invalid a warranty claim unless in the extreme instance THEY could prove it cause a problem and I can't work out how that could ever happen???

Let's say you had a warranty claim and you so happened to have had a puncture repair to your summer tyre? Unless they take off every tyre that comes in for any warranty claim.

I'm sorry but it really makes me off behaviour like this.

It's fraudulent behaviour from the OPC.

Complain
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Found this online from Porsche ref, sizes and Porsche approved for the Macan

1FCEEB04-2A99-40B4-B16A-48F035320960.png

Last edited by Deleted User 4449 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

This is an old listing of All Season tyres and not Winter ones.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:31 pm This is an old listing of All Season tyres and not Winter ones.
Me bad ! Amended thx 😊
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Thank you so much, that’s brilliant, yes it’s the Dunlop 19” ones, I will be able to search for some myself now and see what I can find. I know I couldn’t believe it when they said they wouldn’t repair the puncture and how it would impact the warranty...I will take on board what some of you have advised and have a rant at them tomorrow!
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Just wait for the response that you shouldn;t just change one tyre as the treat depth will be different to others.

Source a tyre yourself from mytyres for them to fit, or tell them where they can buy one for you - Camskill and blackcircles dont appear to have any listed. mytyres is owned by a German company so no surprise they have more interest in winter tyres.

mytyres parent company have several tyre selling sites, includign giga-tyresso its worth comparing prices..

Front Dunlop ... https://www.giga-tyres.co.uk/dunlop/sp- ... r-255523ga

Rear Dunlop... not listed

Also looks this morning that mytyres website is no listing the rear tyres size