19” Winter Tyres

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Percymon wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:56 pm Don’t forget they’ll happily sell you a full set of tyres at an inflated price, if that’s the easy option for them.

“...at an inflated price...” I see what you did there! ;) :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
111rdw

Post by 111rdw »

The puncture is in a repairable area of the tyre so I would just get it repaired by any reputable tyre place. I cannot believe that Porsche check whether a tyre has been repaired when they sell you a used car with a warranty. You would have to take every tyre off to check because you cannot tell from the outside. Complete rubbish from the OPC.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

111rdw wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:54 am The puncture is in a repairable area of the tyre so I would just get it repaired by any reputable tyre place. I cannot believe that Porsche check whether a tyre has been repaired when they sell you a used car with a warranty. You would have to take every tyre off to check because you cannot tell from the outside. Complete rubbish from the OPC.
Absolutely - theyd be hard pressed to claim any transfer box warranty claim wad down to a puncture repair for instance

I'd get them to fit the winter wheels and drive it down to a nearby tyre depot for the repair, or failing that collect the wheel itself, take it for repair and then swap the wheels over.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

111rdw wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:54 am The puncture is in a repairable area of the tyre so I would just get it repaired by any reputable tyre place. I cannot believe that Porsche check whether a tyre has been repaired when they sell you a used car with a warranty. You would have to take every tyre off to check because you cannot tell from the outside. Complete rubbish from the OPC.
+1