VNE discs

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

Looking at Euro car part and they suggest VNE front Disks £167 each

Are they any good? OE supported by Porsche?

Brembo rear disks at £50.59 (set)
Brembo front pads £144.55
Front sensor (£18.85) x 2
Brembo rear pads inc sensors £65.44

About right?

jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

Can’t comment on how good they are but all the calliper bolts are single use so remember to pick some up.

I got front discs, pads, sensors, bolts etc for around £430 from my local OPC parts department discounted so I wouldn’t say that’s a blinding deal.
IMORTAL_Indian

Post by IMORTAL_Indian »

What OPC is that please? I called Tonbridge and Guildford and was quoted over £800 for front and rear disks and pads, with sensors and bolts + VAT
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Never heard of VNE, more research needed me thinks. Or just buy brembo items from another vendor
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

IMORTAL_Indian wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:38 pm What OPC is that please? I called Tonbridge and Guildford and was quoted over £800 for front and rear disks and pads, with sensors and bolts + VAT
Aberdeen, although the guy that did blinding deals has retired, hopefully the other guys will do the same. Just chance your hand and ask for the best deal possible!
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Bear in mind there is a difference between OE and OEM

OE is same as you would collect from OPC parts department
OEM is same parts from same manufacturer without the packaging and any logos - a lot of aftermarket brands / sellers also claim OEM for alternative brands, parts made to the same spec

From a bit of googling it appears VNE are a OE supplier to BMW for some of the M3 and M5 cars