Finally got a Macan S for the day to experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Whilst I blindly placed an order for a GTS with faith from forum members assuring me I was not crazy for placing an order without test driving one, OPC Silverstone kindly enough gave me a lovely Carmine red Macan S to experience for the day.

Currently in an Audi S5 sportback B9, the ride dynamics of the Macan are much more pleasant with the air suspension than the Audi. Power delivery is also smoother and maybe only marginally quicker on the sprint.

My only observations so far is

- the take off/pickup from coming to a roundabout then deciding to go before the car comes to a halt is a little indecisive but that may be due to my unfamiliarity of the car's behaviour.
- Steering was a little heavy compared to the Audi S5 so I will add power steering plus to my spec
- The wireless charging option is questionable. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Apple magsafe case and it does not charge unless I remove the case so I think thickness of case causes issues. So debating whether I will keep this option
- Also noticed everytime I started the car it would auto blip the throttle. Is this standard behaviour?

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!

Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

"For the day"? You did a lot better than I did! I think I got and hour and a half at the most! :-)
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Dannyp wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:14 pm "For the day"? You did a lot better than I did! I think I got and hour and a half at the most! :-)
Well....my initial request was to pop to OPC Silverstone to having a look at a Gen 3 to see if I needed to amend my build spec (+ had some time off work)

Instead they gave me the Macan to use for the day. Wasn't my intention or expectation but was stoked they did. Can't fault service so far
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

martinto8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:23 pm
Dannyp wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:14 pm "For the day"? You did a lot better than I did! I think I got and hour and a half at the most! :-)
Well....my initial request was to pop to OPC Silverstone to having a look at a Gen 3 to see if I needed to amend my build spec (+ had some time off work)

Instead they gave me the Macan to use for the day. Wasn't my intention or expectation but was stoked they did. Can't fault service so far
I’ve been waiting for their crayon gts to come back from a customer for the past month to test. I’m not terribly impressed with them so far. Maybe when I get a build slot I’ll be happier
ianst

Post by ianst »

I didnt add wireless charging for that reason, plus £350 is taking the piss. Just put a magsafe in the armrest
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Good that you finally got a drive in one :D :D

I remember waiting for ages .....
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

I guess the obvious question is, are you still glad you ordered the GTS?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Ken C

Post by Ken C »

martinto8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm Whilst I blindly placed an order for a GTS with faith from forum members assuring me I was not crazy for placing an order without test driving one, OPC Silverstone kindly enough gave me a lovely Carmine red Macan S to experience for the day.

Currently in an Audi S5 sportback B9, the ride dynamics of the Macan are much more pleasant with the air suspension than the Audi. Power delivery is also smoother and maybe only marginally quicker on the sprint.

- the take off/pickup from coming to a roundabout then deciding to go before the car comes to a halt is a little indecisive but that may be due to my unfamiliarity of the car's behaviour.
- Steering was a little heavy compared to the Audi S5 so I will add power steering plus to my spec
- The wireless charging option is questionable. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Apple magsafe case and it does not charge unless I remove the case so I think thickness of case causes issues. So debating whether I will keep this option
- Also noticed everytime I started the car it would auto blip the throttle. Is this standard behaviour?

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG
I test drove the same vehicle.

I also found the steering to be quite heavy too. I have optioned the PS+. I’m also coming from an Audi, I’m wondering if Audi are overly light.
Collected: Gen III Macan S, Night Blue, Surround view, Acoustically insulated laminated privacy glass, Bose, 18" Spare wheel, PS+, 8 way Black/Mojave Beige two-tone standard interior

Ordered July 21, Collected February 22
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Ken C wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 pm
martinto8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm Whilst I blindly placed an order for a GTS with faith from forum members assuring me I was not crazy for placing an order without test driving one, OPC Silverstone kindly enough gave me a lovely Carmine red Macan S to experience for the day.

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

I also found the steering to be quite heavy too. I have optioned the PS+. I’m also coming from an Audi, I’m wondering if Audi are overly light.
I’m coming from an s3 which I always have steering in dynamic and have the optional 19” alloys so mine felt quite similar (well to gen 2 gts on 20’s)

Thinking about it though the wife’s tt had really light steering which I really disliked
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Ken C wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 pm

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

I find the steering on the Audi sometimes light to the point that it kind of disconnects your from the feedback of the car.