Finally got a Macan S for the day to experience

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Goad you got to drive the S.

PS+ is a software addition, it provides variable assistance with maximum at parking speeds and it progressively decreases to zero assist. It is available as a retrofit via an OPC where an unlock code is obtained by them.

What driving mode were you in to experience the engine delivery characteristics? Normal, Sport or Sport +, the latter only if SC was fitted.

Also as it had air suspension did you try it in the low mode? It improves the handling dynamics and for my Macan it does give a more comfortable ride.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:56 pm Goad you got to drive the S.

PS+ is a software addition, it provides variable assistance with maximum at parking speeds and it progressively decreases to zero assist. It is available as a retrofit via an OPC where an unlock code is obtained by them.
Is the retrofit cost more than the cost of the added option?
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:56 pm
What driving mode were you in to experience the engine delivery characteristics? Normal, Sport or Sport +, the latter only if SC was fitted.

Also as it had air suspension did you try it in the low mode? It improves the handling dynamics and for my Macan it does give a more comfortable ride.
It had both SC and Air suspension. I tried various different modes with mainly the noticeable punch when moving into sport/sport+. As for the suspension setup I did not push the car much because of the poor road and weather conditions to really take notice.
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

martinto8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:12 pm

Did you really have to ask that question ! :mrgreen:
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

PS+ is £293 retrofitted to a Gen 2 Macan.

See the Porsche Tequipment website, for all available accessories.

Sport+ does adversely affect the dynamics of the engines so maybe that is what you experienced.

I have used Sport+ once in my Turbo, arguably it is a pointless setting for road use unless you like the traffic light GP start using launch control.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Tracky wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:28 am
martinto8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:12 pm

Did you really have to ask that question ! :mrgreen:

:lol: Even worse is the cost of post-sale supply of the spare wheel. Way more expensive than ticking the option box on a new order! :?
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

ianst wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:29 pm I didnt add wireless charging for that reason, plus £350 is taking the piss. Just put a magsafe in the armrest
Just check the 12 Pro Max will fit in the armrest, especially with a case. Size-wise it is touch and go

FYI I've 3D printed a MagSafe holder for a iPhone 11 Pro; can make more for Forum members

IMG_3647.JPG

2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
ianst

Post by ianst »

Madelvic wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:42 pm
ianst wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:29 pm I didnt add wireless charging for that reason, plus £350 is taking the piss. Just put a magsafe in the armrest
Just check the 12 Pro Max will fit in the armrest, especially with a case. Size-wise it is touch and go

FYI I've 3D printed a MagSafe holder for a iPhone 11 Pro; can make more for Forum members
Looks great, pm sent
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

martinto8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm Whilst I blindly placed an order for a GTS with faith from forum members assuring me I was not crazy for placing an order without test driving one, OPC Silverstone kindly enough gave me a lovely Carmine red Macan S to experience for the day.

Currently in an Audi S5 sportback B9, the ride dynamics of the Macan are much more pleasant with the air suspension than the Audi. Power delivery is also smoother and maybe only marginally quicker on the sprint.

My only observations so far is

- the take off/pickup from coming to a roundabout then deciding to go before the car comes to a halt is a little indecisive but that may be due to my unfamiliarity of the car's behaviour.
- Steering was a little heavy compared to the Audi S5 so I will add power steering plus to my spec
- The wireless charging option is questionable. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Apple magsafe case and it does not charge unless I remove the case so I think thickness of case causes issues. So debating whether I will keep this option
- Also noticed everytime I started the car it would auto blip the throttle. Is this standard behaviour?

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG
Following the "Forums" advice are you glad you ordered the GTS instead of the S, or will you wait to test drive before deciding?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:43 pm
martinto8 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm Whilst I blindly placed an order for a GTS with faith from forum members assuring me I was not crazy for placing an order without test driving one, OPC Silverstone kindly enough gave me a lovely Carmine red Macan S to experience for the day.

Currently in an Audi S5 sportback B9, the ride dynamics of the Macan are much more pleasant with the air suspension than the Audi. Power delivery is also smoother and maybe only marginally quicker on the sprint.

My only observations so far is

- the take off/pickup from coming to a roundabout then deciding to go before the car comes to a halt is a little indecisive but that may be due to my unfamiliarity of the car's behaviour.
- Steering was a little heavy compared to the Audi S5 so I will add power steering plus to my spec
- The wireless charging option is questionable. I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max with an Apple magsafe case and it does not charge unless I remove the case so I think thickness of case causes issues. So debating whether I will keep this option
- Also noticed everytime I started the car it would auto blip the throttle. Is this standard behaviour?

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG
Following the "Forums" advice are you glad you ordered the GTS instead of the S, or will you wait to test drive before deciding?
I ordered the GTS and will stick with that choice given that speccing up a S to what I wanted, the extra cost to move to GTS were marginal. The S performance was pretty much on par with my S5 and I think I personally would welcome the extra bit of muscle

Not being able to test drive the GTS is not a deal breaker for me.

I found the test driving was a good confirmation that it is very easy to live with and helped with some of the spec choices ( I need to make a couple of changes to my spec)
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

3 more new Macans been delivered to OPC Silverstone. Hopefully the new owners will be taking delivery of these soon!

IMG_1797.JPG