Tracky wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:20 pm
pmg wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:08 pm
Tracky wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:36 pm

No I haven’t

At 2 years it needs big service anyway or 20kmiles which he/she won’t do

So oil service at year one
Full service year two
Oil service year 3 unless he/she can ditch it first
But if he thoroughly warms up the engine after each cold start, then oil service will only be triggered by 2-year time limit. On his weekly journey description, it could go either way and i do not think we can be definite either way.
not 12.5 miles is enough in my experience - takes ages to warm the lump up !

Saying that - it was a base 2.0 wasn't it? Maybe quicker. The 2.9S warms up quicker than the 3.0S too
Exactly I bought a 320D rather than 330D BMW to gain a shorter warm-up time to help with DPF issues. The 4 cylinders warm up far quicker
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Over a total of 18,000 miles in 3yrs, my 3.0L SD only needed one (1st) service that included oil+filter change and brake fluid change - all at the 2yr anniversary. That cost £525 in May 2019.

The 2.0L should warm up quicker than the 6-cyl petrol engines. Our 2.0L Leon certainly does.

Over the mileage and 3yrs etc described by the OP, it shouldn't need any new tyres, baring accident.

Other than that....probably a litre of engine oil, some screenwash fluid and possibly replacement wiper blades. More likely the rear one than the front pair.

Sure you'll enjoy a Macan more than an F-Pace too.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
X90JAY

Post by X90JAY »

SAC1 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:39 pm Over a total of 18,000 miles in 3yrs, my 3.0L SD only needed one (1st) service that included oil+filter change and brake fluid change - all at the 2yr anniversary. That cost £525 in May 2019.

The 2.0L should warm up quicker than the 6-cyl petrol engines. Our 2.0L Leon certainly does.

Over the mileage and 3yrs etc described by the OP, it shouldn't need any new tyres, baring accident.

Other than that....probably a litre of engine oil, some screenwash fluid and possibly replacement wiper blades. More likely the rear one than the front pair.

Sure you'll enjoy a Macan more than an F-Pace too.
This is my favourite response, I can definitely handle that!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Tracky wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:58 am At 5000 a year and three years ownership (sort of) you will only need the service at year two which should not cost anywhere near £865.

At 5000 miles per year it will likely need 3 services actually
Mine did not need it but I elected to have extra checks made as my Turbo is a keeper

Year 1 visual checkover plus elected oil and filter change

Year 2 Service + brake fluid change

Year 3 was a visual checkover and first MOT.

Year 4 Main service + MOT + 4 new tyres

Year 5 was another visual checkover + MOT

As the Op will hand back their Macan at the end of year three there should only be the interim two year service required.

Year 3 visual + corrections + first MOT will be handled by the OPC prior to listing it for sale or selling it on.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
X90JAY

Post by X90JAY »

Thanks. I would just have to factor in any oil changes, but hopefully will only need 1 as part of the Year 2 service.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

The service at 2 years was £500 for me
Other than that I had an oil change which was £200

The tyres only needed replaced after 3 years so not much benefit

So cheaper without maint plan for me

But all ends up being roughly the same
andreas

Post by andreas »

AndyC160 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:25 pm Mine has just had its 4 year service (albeit a year early) at OPC - oil, filters, health check/ inspection etc, even the screen wash, top up oil and bag and also the brake fluid change and MOT - all for £618.

So the figures you've got for its 2nd year service seem alot.
I've just had the same 4-year service and brake fluid change, but for £880.....
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

X90JAY wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 pm Hi all

First time posting here, so hello everyone and thanks in advance for any responses.

I currently lease a Jaguar F Pace and was looking to replace pretty much like for like but the prices have rocketed recently. Randomly I’ve found a deal for a Macan which is around £120 / month lower than all other leasing sites and much more competitive than F Pace quotes. With it being my first (and possibly last) opportunity to get a Porsche, I’m all over it.

The lease is for the base Macan. Please don’t judge me or tell me it’s rubbish and I should get an S or GTS. Those are simply not in my budget. Plus I’m thinking coming from a diesel F Pace I’m going to be blown away by the Macan.

My question is around servicing and maintenance, because as part of the lease I have the option of taking out a maintenance plan. The plan is £27 / month so £324 / year and £972 over the 3 year term. It includes service and tyres but not oil change.

I’ve spoken to my local Porsche dealership service team and they told me that the (ballpark) figures for 1st service at 2yrs or 20k miles is £450 including oil change. However I spoke to a friend who’s sister works in Porsche aftercare and she said the 1st service would be £865. Obviously a big difference there. Will try calling another Porsche dealership and seeing what they say to benchmark.

I’ve looked on Kwikfit and the most expensive “N” tyre (being the base 19s) is around £199. So assuming maybe 2 punctures over the term that would be £500. I’m looking at 5k miles / year so don’t expect to have to replace the full set for wear. Is that realistic?

So I’m trying to work out if the maintenance plan is worth it or not. Based on the £450 service and 2 tyres that’s pretty much break even. If the service is more like £865 then it’s a no brainer. Does anyone have any better idea of the service price?

I know a lot of people ask about the oil change price. The service team at the dealership said approx £350 and the person in after sales said £450 so not much difference there.

Thanks everyone.
I’m in a Gen 3 base loan car at the moment and you won’t be disappointed by it. I was surprised by the performance.
pmg

Post by pmg »

andreas wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:54 pm
AndyC160 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:25 pm Mine has just had its 4 year service (albeit a year early) at OPC - oil, filters, health check/ inspection etc, even the screen wash, top up oil and bag and also the brake fluid change and MOT - all for £618.

I am wondering whether some of the different service pricing is explained as northern v southern OPC's. when Boris has levelled the country... ;) ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
AndyC160

Post by AndyC160 »

pmg wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:30 pm
andreas wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:54 pm

I am wondering whether some of the different service pricing is explained as northern v southern OPC's. when Boris has levelled the country... ;) ;) ;)
Most of the other OPC's in the northwest who I got quotes from were around £800-900 so I wouldn't say there is a north/south issue! One even initially quoted me just under £1500 which excluded the MOT. It did however included spark plugs and gearbox oil change though which they did agree weren't needed when I questioned it...apparently a computer error!
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160