GEN3 MFD Glitchy?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I noticed that the Multi Function Display on my GEN 3 was glitchy.
Using the scroll button, I found the pages did not scroll properly, or would jump two pages at a time, or I had to scroll down twice to get the next page etc.

Whilst at the OPC for another matter, I mentioned this to them and was told there is a software update that needed to be applied, and that the glitches within the MFD was one of the issues the update will address.

So, if you are experiencing similar, you need a software update.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Deleted User 4449

Post by Deleted User 4449 »

Bazza06 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:15 pm I noticed that the Multi Function Display on my GEN 3 was glitchy.
Using the scroll button, I found the pages did not scroll properly, or would jump two pages at a time, or I had to scroll down twice to get the next page etc.

Whilst at the OPC for another matter, I mentioned this to them and was told there is a software update that needed to be applied, and that the glitches within the MFD was one of the issues the update will address.

Thanks Bazza for the insight is that an over the air update or one for the OPC ?
Regards
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Highflyer99 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:05 am
Bazza06 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:15 pm I noticed that the Multi Function Display on my GEN 3 was glitchy.

Thanks Bazza for the insight is that an over the air update or one for the OPC ?
Regards
That would be a first for Macan I think. I haven't heard of that being possible for system updates a la Taycan yet.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

My navigation updates have all been over the airwaves, they are visible with the % progress displayed. No idea if anything else has been updated, nothing seen and no special OPC visits been required.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:06 am My navigation updates have all been over the airwaves, they are visible with the % progress displayed. No idea if anything else has been updated, nothing seen and no special OPC visits been required.
This will be for navigation data / map updates and not for the actual car software / firmware update to fix issues with MFD - for that, I would think that an OPC visit would be required

HTH
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

It is an update at the OPC.

However, since my post, I've found the MFD is still glitchy and the car has to go back in again.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Just following up on this.

Has any other GEN3 owner noticed the Multi Function Display does not always freely scroll up or down?
I've noticed that the display sometimes stalls and then jumps up or down 2 spaces.

Sometimes it flows without issue, but will then revert.
Software on the car has been reset several times, but it is still occurring.

I'm keen to know if others have the same issue.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I can only assume that I stand alone with this issue, or maybe it just doesn't bother anyone else.

Here is a video to demonstrate the problem.

Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I think it's a problem with the roller switch on the wheel. Get a can of electrical contact cleaner and give it a squirt. Don't use wd40!
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:04 pm I think it's a problem with the roller switch on the wheel. Get a can of electrical contact cleaner and give it a squirt. Don't use wd40!
Never even considered that.
The car is going back to the dealer next week. I will ask them to explore that.
Thank you.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver