PCM - GEN3

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Today was the first day I’ve had full access to my vehicle and I spent a little time exploring and setting up the PCM.

When I access Media and select Online, I receive a message that says I have no data remaining and to visit the Porsche Connect store, or something similar.

Do I have to buy their data plan? Can my phone, which has ample data availability, not act as a substitute for Porsche’s data plan?

Also, I’ve found that I can use the forward button on the steering wheel to skip to the next track or radio station, but how do I skip backwards? There’s no button for this. The alternative is via the screen, but that’s a bit distracting.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver

Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Are you talking about a new build here? If so, you should get a 2? year subscription to Porsche connect with the purchase.
The diamond button will only select the next track, you can't go backwards via the steering wheel which is frustrating if you have access to another vehicle that can.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:49 am Today was the first day I’ve had full access to my vehicle and I spent a little time exploring and setting up the PCM.

When I access Media and select Online, I receive a message that says I have no data remaining and to visit the Porsche Connect store, or something similar.

Do I have to buy their data plan? Can my phone, which has ample data availability, not act as a substitute for Porsche’s data plan?

Also, I’ve found that I can use the forward button on the steering wheel to skip to the next track or radio station, but how do I skip backwards? There’s no button for this. The alternative is via the screen, but that’s a bit distracting.
You have to setup connect services online, and you then include various services which are free for two years.

You could in theory setup the diamond button the go to previous track as you are meant to be able to set this up as ‘any’ function but I haven’t tried yet.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Unfortunately, the diamond button can’t be set to ‘next track or previous track’ when using Apple Car Play, which is a real bummer 👎👎
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Bazza06 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:49 am Today was the first day I’ve had full access to my vehicle and I spent a little time exploring and setting up the PCM.

We went through some of this here - www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 14#p222314

Did you go back to the OPC to set Connect Services up?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
pmg

Post by pmg »

I trust to get this you have been using music streaming or in-car wifi. the other uses of data nav etc are should be provided by the initial free periods

In Gen 2 you go to phone then device manager and in device manager, you can set which sim, car built-in, purchased in sim slot or that in a connected phone is used for music or in-car wifi. I assume the same is possible in Gen3
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:12 am

We went through some of this here - www.macanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 14#p222314

Did you go back to the OPC to set Connect Services up?
It's going in tomorrow, Nick.
However, I thought the code I have for them to input was to enable access vehicle data such as mileage, location, fuel status etc.

The OPC originally setup access to my phone, but maybe I have mistaken this to have enabled "online" access.

I'll update.

Thanks.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Well, what a day.
Took the car in to have the Vodafone provided code added to enable online services and what I was told would take 40 minutes, I spent 5hrs there.

They could not get the vehicle to accept the code, two additional codes were provided but still it wouldn’t accept.

It got to the point where they were about to book me in for a further visit, but wanting to keep the vehicle for two days as they were going to order and install a new tracker unit (despite me not taking up the tracker service = it’s all connected) when the engineer said he got it to accept.

However, I then had to receive a code from Vodafone to activate the app, this can take up to 24hrs, which I’m yet to receive.

For those of you awaiting your vehicles, make sure your dealer does all this before you leave.

I’m told it has been an issue on a few new Gen 3 Macans they have dealt with, and this is just one dealer.
Upshot, waiting for the Vodafone code to finalise this.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Bazza06 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:54 pm Well, what a day.
Took the car in to have the Vodafone provided code added to enable online services and what I was told would take 40 minutes, I spent 5hrs there.

They could not get the vehicle to accept the code, two additional codes were provided but still it wouldn’t accept.

It got to the point where they were about to book me in for a further visit, but wanting to keep the vehicle for two days as they were going to order and install a new tracker unit (despite me not taking up the tracker service = it’s all connected) when the engineer said he got it to accept.

However, I then had to receive a code from Vodafone to activate the app, this can take up to 24hrs, which I’m yet to receive.

For those of you awaiting your vehicles, make sure your dealer does all this before you leave.

I’m told it has been an issue on a few new Gen 3 Macans they have dealt with, and this is just one dealer.
Upshot, waiting for the Vodafone code to finalise this.
Has anyone got a good story about this vodafone tracker. Sounds a complete nightmare!!!

Slight aside. I bought a demo Audi A3 about 15 yrs ago, only 3 months old but when I got it home the battery kept going flat if I left it for a week ( I worked away a lot so this was happening every month). It went back to my local Audi dealer, not the one who initially sold it to me. As it was under warranty they gave me a loan car.

They could tell their was a fault as the battery kept discharging as did the new batteries they tried.

They took they whole car apart and ended up keeping it for TWO MONTHS and then tried to bill me for £3500.

The fault was the wiring on a tracker hidden in the boot that I hadn't known about and that the selling dealer had fitted and not mentioned to me.

I refused to pay and they said I couldn't have the car back until I settled the bill!!!

So I drove off in the loan car. Funnily it took them about 10 minutes to decide to cancel the bill and give me my car back!!!! Not sure who paid in the end? The original dealer or Audi UK but it wasn't a fun experience!!!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I found today that the online services are still not active and the code from Vodafone that I was supposed to receive within 24hrs, did not arrive, although I think this only allows me to activate the Porsche Car Connect app.
The dealer now wants the car back for a couple of days so that they can hopefully resolve.

Again, I stress that for anyone about to collect your GEN3 Macans, you ensure everything is connected before you take receipt.

Interested to hear from anyone else that has a GEN3 and whether your vehicles are OK and allowing you to connect to the online services and the Porsche Car Connect app.
This is the app that gives you remote access to data such as Find My Car, Geo Fence, Trip Data etc.
Previously owned:
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver