PCM - GEN3

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

My Macan ll had to go back to get this set up the other week. They sorted it in about an hour on a Saturday morning, they got in touch with vodaphone and had a code sent to the wife's phone and all was sorted there and then.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Rarecolour wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:36 pm My Macan ll had to go back to get this set up the other week. They sorted it in about an hour on a Saturday morning, they got in touch with vodaphone and had a code sent to the wife's phone and all was sorted there and then.
Shortly after my last post, I found a video on YouTube which showed where the activation code is on the web portal.
I logged into my account, but did not have this code where it was shown on the video.

However, there is an option to generate a new activation code, which I clicked on and received the code to enter into the app.
The app now works, and I have a connection to the vehicle.

I then checked the online services within the car, but this does not work!
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Good luck Bazza getting it sorted.

The Connect services does seem a bit different between Gen 1 and Gen II/III Macans.

After the free period subs are required.

Gen 1 £139 per year plus £19 per month for the data package.

Gen II/III £159 per year but nothing is apparent for the data.

Perhaps you can qualify with your OPC what is and is not included?
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:27 pm Good luck Bazza getting it sorted.

The Connect services does seem a bit different between Gen 1 and Gen II/III Macans.

Thanks, Col.

The OPC told me that I receive the first 3 years of online services for free, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

I have seen that the Taycan receives 3 years, but when I log into my account, it shows the online services expire in October 2023 - so 2 years.

I called the OPC today and advised them that I managed to get a connection between the app and the car, but the online services still did not work.

They want the car for at least 2 days to try and resolve this, but I think the answer lies elsewhere, because if I can connect to the vehicle, that suggests the respective receiving device is working, but something is not telling Porsche Connect that the vehicle has a valid online services contract.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Bazza06 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:54 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:27 pm Good luck Bazza getting it sorted.

Thanks, Col.

The OPC told me that I receive the first 3 years of online services for free, but I'm not sure if this is correct.

I have seen that the Taycan receives 3 years, but when I log into my account, it shows the online services expire in October 2023 - so 2 years.

I called the OPC today and advised them that I managed to get a connection between the app and the car, but the online services still did not work.

They want the car for at least 2 days to try and resolve this, but I think the answer lies elsewhere, because if I can connect to the vehicle, that suggests the respective receiving device is working, but something is not telling Porsche Connect that the vehicle has a valid online services contract.
My OPC said they wanted mine for at least 2 days as well, was there under 2 hours on a Saturday morning. They reset everything and supplied a new code.
Just make sure that either the sales or service staff know how to operate the Porsche connect service/app, cause only 1 person at my OPC knew on the day.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)