Macan S Gen 2 oil change price

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Pearce wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:47 pm I did check that and with the latest Macans there is a scheduled oil service service after 1 year. It's the first question I asked. Porsche Cardiff told me that's on all post 2019 cars and not just Macans. I've had the Macan from new for just over a year so it wasn't related to mileage but age.
My 911 is 2019 and it’s just had its first service at 2 years old
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

Percymon

Post by Percymon »

Pearce wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:05 pm My 70 plate Macan S flagged up the requirement for an oil change after 1 year and just over 2000 miles. It caught me by surprise as my previous Macan was on a 2 year service cycle. I rang Porsche in Cardiff to book it in for the oil change and was even more surprised by the price £518.................for just an oil change!!! They brought the price down to £460 after I moaned about the price but is it just me or do people think that's ludicrous! My 66 plate Macan seemed far more reasonable in terms of servicing costs. I know the price of oil has gone up but that seems really expensive. Has anyone else been quoted similar?
Welcome to the world of main dealer crock of cr4p. With your mileage they should be offering a simple oil n filter service, nothing more. They should also question why it’s flagged so early, wonder if the timer was set at original PDI stage ?

Seems the higher the hourly labour rate the more crock you get. I was tied to LR service as part of the PCP I had on the last car. I did a while you wait option on it’s only service; the amount of rubbish I heard the service desk spouting at owners was unbelievable - tyres are at 4mm, would advise you change them, we can do all 4 for £965. Your brakes are 50% worn, advise they are changed shortly, we can do fronts for £600 and rear £450. I felt like taking the customers outside to put them right.

Sadly there are plenty of people who either don’t know better, swallow it, or have it covered by companies. But you do get nice coffee n biscuits, clean showroom with nice plants and a fiesta loan car !