Steering Wheel Lock

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Can anyone recommend one of them gross looking steering wheel locks for the Gen 3 Macan? I'm not planning on using it all the time, but there will be occasions when I am away for a couple of weeks on holiday or on business and the Macan will be parked on the drive, so wanted to do whatever is possible to ensure it stays there. Never used one before so I don't know which ones are any good.

Thanks

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

The best one by far is the Disklok. https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/

The hockey stick type is loved by the bad guys as it gives them loads of leverage to break the steering lock. They then saw through the wheel rim in seconds to remove it.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4436

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:50 pm The best one by far is the Disklok. https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/

The hockey stick type is loved by the bad guys as it gives them loads of leverage to break the steering lock. They then saw through the wheel rim in seconds to remove it.
Thanks. Amazing what the toe rags will do. I had them try to nick one of my motorbikes once, they put a long bar across the handlebars to get good purchase so they could easily snap the steering lock. They didn't notice the sodding great big chain and ground anchor though, so just did several hundreds of pounds of damage and left the bike where it was
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

A friend of mine who works away a lot always removes a wheel from the car (most visible to his front gates) puts it on axle stand covers the wheel hub with a bright plastic bag, apparently the best deterrent there is. As one look and you have no idea whats wrong with it and walk away, strange but according to him it works wonders and never had problems like his neighbour has. :lol:
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

I guess they’re not the brightest…….

Only downside I find with the Disklok is that it’s rather heavy and cumbersome but small price to pay for peace of mind. I think most thieves would spot one and decide to move on to easier pickings.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

Deleted User 4436

EDZ wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:56 pm A friend of mine who works away a lot always removes a wheel from the car (most visible to his front gates) puts it on axle stand covers the wheel hub with a bright plastic bag, apparently the best deterrent there is. As one look and you have no idea whats wrong wrong with it and walk away, strange but according to him it works wonders and never had problems like his neighbour has. :lol:
bit extreme :lol:
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:40 pm Can anyone recommend one of them gross looking steering wheel locks for the Gen 3 Macan? I'm not planning on using it all the time, but there will be occasions when I am away for a couple of weeks on holiday or on business and the Macan will be parked on the drive, so wanted to do whatever is possible to ensure it stays there. Never used one before so I don't know which ones are any good.

Thanks
If you'd bought Papaya, you'd have no worries :lol:
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:57 pm I guess they’re not the brightest…….

Only downside I find with the Disklok is that it’s rather heavy and cumbersome but small price to pay for peace of mind. I think most thieves would spot one and decide to move on to easier pickings.
Would it be ok with the GT steering wheel and the flappy paddles? Not sure how much adjustment there is.
Deleted User 4436

mueslibrown wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:58 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:40 pm Can anyone recommend one of them gross looking steering wheel locks for the Gen 3 Macan? I'm not planning on using it all the time, but there will be occasions when I am away for a couple of weeks on holiday or on business and the Macan will be parked on the drive, so wanted to do whatever is possible to ensure it stays there. Never used one before so I don't know which ones are any good.

Thanks
If you'd bought Papaya, you'd have no worries :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:59 pm
Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:57 pm I guess they’re not the brightest…….

Would it be ok with the GT steering wheel and the flappy paddles? Not sure how much adjustment there is.
I’ve used mine on the 911 with GT steering wheel, and paddles of course, and it’s fine. I did buy their steering wheel protective cover which slips on easily and protects the leather during fitting and removal of the lock. Just check the steering wheel diameter as they do three sizes.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold