Q1 2022 OPC allocation confirmations.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

Mwillia wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:35 am Thanks. A 50% reduction in allocations,if replicated across most OPC’s doesn’t bode well…My personal concern is I get my GTS Q3+ 2022 by which time it’ll have maybe 18 months ‘shelf life’,before new build ICE model phase out due to emission regulations.That will have a significant impact on residual values.
If Macan "turbo" EV is announced in 2022 for MY 23, the EV S base could well be added for MY 24 with ICE production ceasing. With the current state of the UK EV charging network, I could actually see ICE production ceasing having a positive impact on the vales of late Macan ICE's. I see the issue being those placing deposits in 2022 actually getting their vehicle before ICE production cases
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

pmg wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:14 am
Mwillia wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:35 am Thanks. A 50% reduction in allocations,if replicated across most OPC’s doesn’t bode well…My personal concern is I get my GTS Q3+ 2022 by which time it’ll have maybe 18 months ‘shelf life’,before new build ICE model phase out due to emission regulations.That will have a significant impact on residual values.
If Macan "turbo" EV is announced in 2022 for MY 23, the EV S base could well be added for MY 24 with ICE production ceasing. With the current state of the UK EV charging network, I could actually see ICE production ceasing having a positive impact on the vales of late Macan ICE's. I see the issue being those placing deposits in 2022 actually getting their vehicle before ICE production cases
A lot of people do not want an EV and the benefits of ownership will diminish quickly with high energy costs and once they start taxing them like ICE cars.

I think used petrol Macan prices will be very high for a long time
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I would have thought Porsche would finish all the ICE orders in the same way they delivered Gen 2 orders after they had started production of Gen 3 cars. I expect there will be a cut off point where you can no longer order an ICE car but those that have been ordered will still be built.

I wonder who gets the last ICE macan off the production line before they turn the lights out?
pmg

Post by pmg »

mistercesq wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:21 am
A lot of people do not want an EV and the benefits of ownership will diminish quickly with high energy costs and once they start taxing them like ICE cars.

I think used petrol Macan prices will be very high for a long time
There is however the danger from the attitude of some of the "young" ( and older environmentalists) and danger of vandalism against ICE cars especially SUV's
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I can't see them ceasing ICE production until they have to. The current demand backlog will take at least 2 years to clear. Why would they cut off their noses. The typical Porsche driver is a petrolhead and will remain so for a very long time.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:26 am
I can't see them ceasing ICE production until they have to. The current demand backlog will take at least 2 years to clear. Why would they cut off their noses. The typical Porsche driver is a petrolhead and will remain so for a very long time.
I felt that until an Autocar report on discussion with Porshe management which strongly hinted at the timescale I outlined above.
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

pmg wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:32 am

I felt that until an Autocar report on discussion with Porshe management which strongly hinted at the timescale I outlined above.
Corporate greenwashing? At the end of the day they will only change when EV production becomes more profitable to them.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
pmg

Post by pmg »

And after today's Taycan announcement, can we expect the EV Macan GTS in MY 2025 ;) ;)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 am

Corporate greenwashing? At the end of the day they will only change when EV production becomes more profitable to them.
The gist of the Autocar report was that the ICE/ EV s issue would be very much by individual region/ country market and the relatively early UK ICE ban pushes us towards losing Macan ICE earlier than say the US.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

pmg wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:44 am
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:37 am
The gist of the Autocar report was that the ICE/ EV s issue would be very much by individual region/ country market and the relatively early UK ICE ban pushes us towards losing Macan ICE earlier than say the US.
I can’t see the US ever banning ICE cars. Too many rednecks in pickup trucks.