Stop sale on my car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Been informed today that my GTS which was due this month is delayed due to a sale stop.
Something to do with ‘loudspeaker booster’ which I’m told is impacting many of the macans.

Any ideas what this is?

Also why do new cars get a sale stop - if it’s just waiting on a part (assuming that’s what loudspeaker booster refers to), then why not just put it on hold until that part comes - why label it as sales stop.

Any ideas?

Frustration.com

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

sd1985 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:12 pm Been informed today that my GTS which was due this month is delayed due to a sale stop.
Something to do with ‘loudspeaker booster’ which I’m told is impacting many of the macans.

Any ideas what this is?

Also why do new cars get a sale stop - if it’s just waiting on a part (assuming that’s what loudspeaker booster refers to), then why not just put it on hold until that part comes - why label it as sales stop.

Any ideas?

Frustration.com
I assume its the BOSE sub woofer issue
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 pm
sd1985 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:12 pm Been informed today that my GTS which was due this month is delayed due to a sale stop.

Any ideas what this is?

Any ideas?

Frustration.com
I never specced Bose though :(
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

sd1985 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:46 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:24 pm

Any ideas what this is?

Any ideas?

Frustration.com
I never specced Bose though :(
Ah, we’ll probably not that then. Can’t really think what else it can be.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Loudspeaker booster is used in some audio articles to cover either volume control or amplifier or a unit that combines both
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

pmg wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:58 pm Loudspeaker booster is used in some audio articles to cover either volume control or amplifier or a unit that combines both
Yep that would make sense, any idea why they call it a stop sale - are they just effectively saying the car is on hold in the body shop waiting for this part?
Pivot

Post by Pivot »

When I was involved in automotive industry - and that was 30 years ago - stop sale meant hold a batch of cars, typically prior to launch, or hold until something was verified, e.g. inspection of some parts.
Current: 911 Carrera T - PPM9RU51
On order: 911 Targa 4S - PPDV8NY4