Standard Black-Why Not?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
andreas

Post by andreas »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:57 pm
I can say that it is an incredibly deep glossy black and way better looking than jet black to my eye - how easy to keep that way I’m not sure ....
The answer is to avoid touching the paintwork as much as possible. So, very gentle washing with 2-bucket method. Rinsing with resin-filtered water so it doesn't need drying. Avoiding polishing unless absolutely essential (eg polishing out tiny marks, bird poo stains, etc).

PS And never let anyone else touch it. Always specify when taking it for service that you don't want them to wash it.

PPS But, at the end of the day, taking good care of the paintwork won't make it worth any more when you sell or trade it. The only benefit is your own pleasure in having a swirl-free car.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)

TK421

Post by TK421 »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:57 am Not all OPCs are the same when it comes to PDI including paintwork prep. Been entirely happy with both of my Macans.

8aea2ab9-226c-43f4-b084-90d252f12fdc.jpg
Are they going to clean the back window? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Think it also depends on what is acceptable to some, may not be for others. Main dealers are just there to move and sell units at profit. Not many actually give a crap about the product. Sad but true.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
TK421

Post by TK421 »

andreas wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:23 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:57 pm
I can say that it is an incredibly deep glossy black and way better looking than jet black to my eye - how easy to keep that way I’m not sure ....
The answer is to avoid touching the paintwork as much as possible. So, very gentle washing with 2-bucket method. Rinsing with resin-filtered water so it doesn't need drying. Avoiding polishing unless absolutely essential (eg polishing out tiny marks, bird poo stains, etc).

PS And never let anyone else touch it. Always specify when taking it for service that you don't want them to wash it.

PPS But, at the end of the day, taking good care of the paintwork won't make it worth any more when you sell or trade it. The only benefit is your own pleasure in having a swirl-free car.
All this for me is part of the ownership of cars, ever since I was a young lad I’ve always been the same. I love my cars. Would never take them to the local scratch and shine. See so many high end cars at those places, owners don’t give a crap, mainly because they’re not actually owned by them, lease deal and hand back when done. It’s become the way of the world.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

TK421 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:31 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:57 am Not all OPCs are the same when it comes to PDI including paintwork prep. Been entirely happy with both of my Macans.

8aea2ab9-226c-43f4-b084-90d252f12fdc.jpg
Are they going to clean the back window? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Think it also depends on what is acceptable to some, may not be for others. Main dealers are just there to move and sell units at profit. Not many actually give a crap about the product. Sad but true.
This photo was taken during the first Covid-19 full lock-down period. It was one of several photos sent to me by their security guard during April 2020. Very decent of him to go to the trouble and then have the SE remotely email to me.

My new GTS had been delivered to my OPC and it was going to be registered on 24 March 2022 for me to colkect it the next day. As it was, it remained locked in their new car showroom until 1 June. Hence the dust on the rear screen.

It was fully valeted pre-delivery. Then hygienically sealed in an enclosed single car transporter and delivered foc to my house door. They didn't even charge me for the increase in VED that occurred on 1 April when it was eventually taxed by them for 1 June. All overseen by the Dealer Principle.

Great customer service.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver