Standard Black-Why Not?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:58 pm The standard black and white don't have the extra layer of laquer found on the metallic finishes.
Is that so that the change in refractive index makes the metal scintillate? Flat colours wouldn't need to.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PS4LDHS7

bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:58 pm The standard black and white don't have the extra layer of laquer found on the metallic finishes.
Not the case. All finishes have top coat lacquer.

Since about 1988..............
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

bennachie wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:44 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:35 pm Paint has two purposes. to protect the metal beneath and to help make the vehicle visible. Any black fails the latter test at which Carmine excels ( nearly as well as bright yellow ;) ;) )
Sadly that is incorrect. After significant studies the safest aircraft colour is ........................ black. The eye picks it up quickly. It is also why you rapidly notice a fly whizzing around you or zapping about the cabin.......

red is the colour the human eye dismisses most readily. If traffic lights were being introduced today, the stop light would not be red..........
;)
:D That's because black aircraft stand out against the bright sky I guess? :D - but I do like black cars - so maybe we should start a campaign to have the streets painted sky blue for safety reasons? :D :D
pmg

Post by pmg »

Dannyp wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:14 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:35 pm Paint has two purposes. to protect the metal beneath and to help make the vehicle visible. Any black fails the latter test at which Carmine excels ( nearly as well as bright yellow ;) ;) )
Sadly that is incorrect. After significant studies the safest aircraft colour is ........................ black. The eye picks it up quickly. It is also why you rapidly notice a fly whizzing around you or zapping about the cabin.......

red is the colour the human eye dismisses most readily. If traffic lights were being introduced today, the stop light would not be red..........
;)
:D That's because black aircraft stand out against the bright sky I guess? :D - but I do like black cars - so maybe we should start a campaign to have the streets painted sky blue for safety reasons? :D :D
And red stands out far better against tarmac roads than black
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
andreas

Post by andreas »

;)
Would it be black, then?
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

;)
Are you drunk?? 🙄
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Another consideration for GTS folks is that the Python green package(minus python green paint) only comes with certain colours and red isn't one of them.
Bizarrely volcano is a choice to have it with though Carmine isn't.
I do like Volcano but don't think it's a GTS colour but would happily spec the pebble 2 tone interior with volcano which I wouldn't with the red.
Hadn't realised there was so much included in the python package until today.
Nothing like being up against the clock to make you decide.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

hood69 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:33 pm Another consideration for GTS folks is that the Python green package(minus python green paint) only comes with certain colours and red isn't one of them.
Bizarrely volcano is a choice to have it with though Carmine isn't.
I do like Volcano but don't think it's a GTS colour but would happily spec the pebble 2 tone interior with volcano which I wouldn't with the red.
Hadn't realised there was so much included in the python package until today.
Nothing like being up against the clock to make you decide.
I would spec pebble with any colour, I saw it (at last) in the OPC today and I have to say it’s spectacular in the Macan!
I have now speced on my carmine S… 😉
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Lovely spec though I'd keep the black side blades with the red for contrast.
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

I saw a Gen 3 base in black yesterday at the shops. Nearly missed it was a Gen 3 and a base as black tends to hide a cars shapes and features. A car with good design looks amazing in white ( Peugeot 406 coupe) and bad ones look really bad ( all BMW, bar the 2 series ).
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4