Standard Black-Why Not?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Caster

Post by Caster »

hood69 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:55 pm One of the contributors on here posted pics of his Gentian GTS and it looked great. Only problem is the wife's car is blue.
You could always go with the Gentian + buy your wife a different coloured motor 👍 🤣
Dave

Macan SD - Volcano Grey (with mudflaps) :D

TK421

Post by TK421 »

Thought I’d revive this thread rather than start a new one. I too am looking at flat black against Jet Black met. I visited Stockport to have a look at various spec, colours, every single black car was Jet Black Metallic. My SE also gave the argument about swirls/marks on flat black against Jet black, but here’s the kicker, every single Jet Black car in the showroom (most brand new cars) were absolutely covered in scratches, micro scratches from improper cleaning by the dealership, which brings me on to the next point. Do these dealerships actually give a crap about what YOU want? I’m sure it’s easier for them to prep, PDI and maintain Jet black metallic over flat black because it was obvious to me that they haven’t got a fkn clue how to care for paint work, plus they don’t actually give a shit. I was looking at brand new 992’s, Taycans, most of which were circa £100k vehicles, everyone was peppered in scratches, I really should of took photos. Or have I got this wrong, is this what the average Porsche owner is like? As in they don’t really care about these types of things.
It’s concerning me now that if I do the black paint route that it’s going to be screwed from the start as the level or lack of care by these dealerships will result in a fkd up paintwork before the get go. So primer grey it is then right? Shocking
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Go flat black and have it delivered to a detailer with the paint protect film still in place. Win, win situation.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
TK421

Post by TK421 »

Kleynie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:22 am Go flat black and have it delivered to a detailer with the paint protect film still in place. Win, win situation.
This was my thought also. Shouldn’t have to do it though to be fair, especially as Porsche is supposed to be a premium apex brand.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Not all OPCs are the same when it comes to PDI including paintwork prep. Been entirely happy with both of my Macans.

8aea2ab9-226c-43f4-b084-90d252f12fdc.jpg

65be63b5-02a4-402e-bdb1-9687436e2f3e.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
TK421

Post by TK421 »

I genuinely believe this is why they throw in the free swissvax filler paste wax, looks shiny as hell when you pick it up, then after a few washes the swirls appear. Will speak with my SE about the prep.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Swissvax - bleh horrible stuff having used it now. I’d take chemical guys products over them any day of the week for a fraction of the price.
TK421

Post by TK421 »

BanZ wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:24 pm Swissvax - bleh horrible stuff having used it now. I’d take chemical guys products over them any day of the week for a fraction of the price.
Agreed. Biltz Hamber is also top notch and without all the perfume.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

JMACAN2022

Post by JMACAN2022 »

TK421 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:58 am Thought I’d revive this thread rather than start a new one. I too am looking at flat black against Jet Black met. I visited Stockport to have a look at various spec, colours, every single black car was Jet Black Metallic. My SE also gave the argument about swirls/marks on flat black against Jet black, but here’s the kicker, every single Jet Black car in the showroom (most brand new cars) were absolutely covered in scratches, micro scratches from improper cleaning by the dealership, which brings me on to the next point. Do these dealerships actually give a crap about what YOU want? I’m sure it’s easier for them to prep, PDI and maintain Jet black metallic over flat black because it was obvious to me that they haven’t got a fkn clue how to care for paint work, plus they don’t actually give a shit. I was looking at brand new 992’s, Taycans, most of which were circa £100k vehicles, everyone was peppered in scratches, I really should of took photos. Or have I got this wrong, is this what the average Porsche owner is like? As in they don’t really care about these types of things.
It’s concerning me now that if I do the black paint route that it’s going to be screwed from the start as the level or lack of care by these dealerships will result in a fkd up paintwork before the get go. So primer grey it is then right? Shocking
I am lurking as I am weighing up the same with regards to the standard black paint and I was given the same pitch about the metallic and scratches etc. You couldn't be more accurate with regards to not actually giving a care about what the customer wants. I went into Stockport explained where I was at in terms of budget and was very clear on how I wanted the car to be spec'd. Didn't listen to a word I said must of added every option on available and proceeded to say we couldn't get anywhere where I needed to be payment wise but offered no alternative.

Needless to say I didn't proceed went to a different dealership paid my deposit after they presented me with what I wanted and am now awaiting my order.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

My mate has just taken delivery of his new Cayenne coupe platinum edition. He didn’t spec a single extra option and had it in standard black.
I can say that it is an incredibly deep glossy black and way better looking than jet black to my eye - how easy to keep that way I’m not sure but same as crayon, Miami or Carmine I would think.
P.s the platinum cars are very well specced as standard and seem great value…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0