Base stereo

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Does anyone have a base stereo in a Gen 2 or Gen 3 car?

I know I'm going over old ground but?

I tried a Bose fitted car in a Stealers, they had no base stereo other than in a 2017 car which was awful so I turned off all the 4 'Bose' settings in the Bose car and tbh didn't notice much difference. I appreciate it comes with more speakers and more output but am still wondering if its worth £834 in real world terms?

My GTS locks in the next couple of weeks and tis is probably my last faff around.

My build is currently PNARKAS0

:-)

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Yes and it's just fine but people keep telling me I'm going deaf, so what would I know? 😥
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I think a lot will depend on what you listen to in the car. In our Macan (a Gen 2 GTS), it's mainly the radio and the standard system is just fine. We've quite a selection of tunes on an SD card and they all sound fine as well.

On my last two Mercedes E Classes I had the Harmon Kardon system and decided when I moved to Porsche it wasn't worth spending extra on upmarket sound systems.

Looking at your spec, all your interior options include Carmine Red. Did you press the wrong button when it came to the exterior colour? :D
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

I had Base on my first Macan and Bose on the present one. I prefer the Bose for the music i play and have included it again but if I was on a tighter budget or just used it for the radio i would stay with the Base system.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

I kept with the standard system. Listen to radio & music on SD card. System is good enough. To be honest I'd rather listen to the engine & PSE. After all that's a big part of what we are paying for. 😁
Porsche Macan GTS 2021
Dolomite Silver
Porsche Code PMNJRMQ7
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I recently picked up a gen3 with Bose. I haven’t tried a base stereo but I’m not impressed with the Bose for £800 at all. If I order another Macan I won’t be selecting Bose again. Just my 2 cents.
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Very subjective, but … to my older ears and to my 16 y/o who came along to demo a Gen3 with Bose and Gen2 with std. and another Gen2 with Burmester… .Bose is a marginal improvement over std. - not when listening to radio, but either when in the rear seats (effect of the extra speakers and secondary power amp ) or higher quality sound sources e.g. via SD card.
Marginal improvement is not worth £800 to me.

However, as I do listen in car almost exclusively to .wav, Flacs and hi-res (sampling rates above CD standard) files and often for hours trundling up motorways or parked up waiting for the kids to finish their sport training…. I have optioned the Burmester where I think the sound improvement is, without a doubt, clear. Also, I will likely keep my S for many, many years so the amortized cost is palatable.

So, for me, if I had to spec either std or Bose, I would stick with std.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

BanZ wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:53 pm I recently picked up a gen3 with Bose. I haven’t tried a base stereo but I’m not impressed with the Bose for £800 at all. If I order another Macan I won’t be selecting Bose again. Just my 2 cents.
Speakers take time to produce their best, I would wait at least 6 months before final judgement. so even judging a showroom car or demonstrator can be misleading
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

On-Track wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:03 pm I think a lot will depend on what you listen to in the car. In our Macan (a Gen 2 GTS), it's mainly the radio and the standard system is just fine. We've quite a selection of tunes on an SD card and they all sound fine as well.

On my last two Mercedes E Classes I had the Harmon Kardon system and decided when I moved to Porsche it wasn't worth spending extra on upmarket sound systems.

Looking at your spec, all your interior options include Carmine Red. Did you press the wrong button when it came to the exterior colour? :D
Funny!!!

I've seen a couple of Crayon with red trim and think the red really pops, especially now with the red callipers. Not sure what statement that makes but I'm liking it.

Interesting comments regarding the stereo. I'm leaning to ditching the Bose tbh, it does seem a lot of money for not a lot more. The Burmeister I'm sure is amazing but I am at the top of my price now.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:23 pm Does anyone have a base stereo in a Gen 2 or Gen 3 car?

I know I'm going over old ground but?

I tried a Bose fitted car in a Stealers, they had no base stereo other than in a 2017 car which was awful so I turned off all the 4 'Bose' settings in the Bose car and tbh didn't notice much difference. I appreciate it comes with more speakers and more output but am still wondering if its worth £834 in real world terms?

My GTS locks in the next couple of weeks and tis is probably my last faff around.

My build is currently PNARKAS0

:-)
Unless you can afford the burmester I’d save the money.

Bose is a badge on the speaker, the improvement in audio quality is minimal. Not worth it, spend it on something else you will notice each time you get in the car or drive it.