Stop-sale on new car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Not sure if your referring to a Gen 3 or Gen 2. New Gen 3’s are being delivred with some parts missing due to the semi- conducter issue. ( In my case Bose amp and headlight self leveling control unit). These will be fitted by the dealer before delivery, so its on stop sale until those parts are fitted. I know a guy in germany’s car is at the dealer and his been told 6 weeks until they get the part.
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4

supergramps

Post by supergramps »

My Porsche dealer is independent, but tells me other dealers are impacted as well. I can’t verify this. As I mentioned, my understanding is that stop sales have been applied across different models. But - there is no mention of this in the car press, and there have been no new recalls announced in the last few days. And why Porsche won’t tell either me or the dealer why is one of life’s great mysteries! I briefly considered cancelling the order (and I still might) but one look at my new car, which is prepped and in the delivery bay, persuaded me otherwise!! And the dealer has been very helpful in lending me a car, albeit not a Porsche.
supergramps

Post by supergramps »

@Papeto - mine is Gen2 ex showroom (new, unregistered). So this won’t be a chip issue.
supergramps

Post by supergramps »

Update - the stop sale on my Macan was removed last week (no explanation!) and I’m pleased to say that I collected it yesterday. And I’m absolutely in love with it!! Thanks to everyone who replied to my posts.