Stop-sale on new car

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
supergramps

Post by supergramps »

Hi - I’m a new member, looking for info. Just bought a high spec new Macan S, showroom model. 2 days before collection last weekend (23/9/21) Porsche put a stop-sale on it. The dealer says that other models (911 and Taycan) have also been affected and the problem also affects other UK dealers. Here’s the thing - Porsche won’t say why. The dealer has been great in lending me a car as I’d sold my old one, but they and I are completely mystified. As it’s my first Porsche, I’m also mightily disappointed. Anyone shed any light??

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

I heard they were doing with older models and it’s to do with excessive emissions but can’t see why they’d do it with a macan S..

It’s either safety or emissions in my mind - you should push them really hard on it
pmg

Post by pmg »

Could be they have not delivered the number of Taycans or other EV's within the wider VAG group they were expecting to and have to restrict 911 and Macan sales to avoid the EU excess emissions tax. However, upsetting customers to save cash is not a sound long term policy when you are as profitable as Porsche.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
supergramps

Post by supergramps »

Thanks for the replies. I wrote to Porsche UK who confirmed the “stop-sale campaign” affecting me but were otherwise totally useless. Porsche must know why, but why not even tell the dealer the reason? This is effectively a recall of a car, so if mine is affected by an issue it’s certain that others that were sold earlier this year will be as well. I thought recalls had to be logged with the EU and Government?

PMG’s post is interesting, although I’m aware of at least one new Macan S delivered in the same time period from another dealer.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Not emissions if it's stopping Taycans too.
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
pmg

Post by pmg »

supergramps wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:43 pm Thanks for the replies. I wrote to Porsche UK who confirmed the “stop-sale campaign” affecting me but were otherwise totally useless. Porsche must know why, but why not even tell the dealer the reason? This is effectively a recall of a car, so if mine is affected by an issue it’s certain that others that were sold earlier this year will be as well. I thought recalls had to be logged with the EU and Government?

PMG’s post is interesting, although I’m aware of at least one new Macan S delivered in the same time period from another dealer.
Thinking further if the stop is just certain builds in 2 ranges then the issue may be the WLTP testing has not been done yet for those builds. When GEn2 started delivery some cars were delayed more than others due to WLTP testing needed for the particular build.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

May well be an issue with a specific batch of components that has surfaced.

It has happened before in a similar manner, cars have been held pending corrective action.

We in the UK got told zilch, the actual issues came to light in the USA based forum.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
supergramps

Post by supergramps »

Again guys - many thanks for replying. I’ll post the eventual outcome on here for everyone’s benefit - earliest date they will update is apparently 8 Nov.
pmg

Post by pmg »

supergramps wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:01 pm Again guys - many thanks for replying. I’ll post the eventual outcome on here for everyone’s benefit - earliest date they will update is apparently 8 Nov.
If it can be corrected in that short time, looks like the Col right and a fault component batch is the issue, Is there a component the 911 and Macan share?
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Has the dealer said whether it’s only your car or all similar cars they have? Presumably they are part of a larger group of dealers, they should be able to tell you if any other cars within their group have been affected. This might help identify if it’s a one off problem with your car or something affecting many cars which would tend to indicate a recall problem.
Hope it gets sorted out soon, Macans are great cars, it’s a shame they have ruined your initial enjoyment doing this.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric