Snow foam & Cleaning product recommendations

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Sweetmeister wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:44 am Snow foam - Bilt Hamber, end of discussion. Iโ€™ve tried them all. ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for the recommendation. Can you recommend where to buy - online and real shops
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I found it on amazon.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

I usually use cleanyourcar.co.uk, but anywhere really,even Amazon if you have prime.๐Ÿ‘
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21โ€™ GTโ€™s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

BH Auto-foam is well regarded, works well enough once you have worked out the 4% concentration at impact (not 4% in the snow foam lance bottle).

Autoglym Polar Blast foam also works well

I've used both through snow foam lance and through a Hozelock garden sprayer as pre-washes - can't say i've noticed any difference between foam lance or sprayer application in terms of cleaning power, i never seem to get dirty looking foam on the ground with any product, perhaps my cars never get dirty enough ? Easy peasy to work out 4% with the hozelock sprayer method

Other Bilt Hamber products like auto wash and wheel cleaners are great also

Car Chem 1900:1 shampoo represents great value if you want a pure shampoo

Bilt Hamber double speed wax gives a nice finish and months of protection for what it costs

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is another fantastic product that when used as a drying aid (one spritz on drying towel per panel) adds gloss and dirt repellency /water beading behaviour for future ease of cleaning
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I was considering Swissvax as a wax - dont know if that will spur 100s of comments though.
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Sweetmeister wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:12 pm
andreas wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:03 pm I've never used snowfoam, but I can recommend using resin-filtered water to rinse the car - you can just leave it to dry naturally, minimum effort.
Always snow foam a car before washing,helps prevent swirl marks. Yes, filtered water helps reduce staining marks. Iโ€™ve bought a car dryer aswell. They are excellent at preventing swirl marks. No real requirement to touch the car whilst drying.๐Ÿ‘
Yup, having owned many black German (BMW, Audi, VW, MB) cars (and another German one on the way๐Ÿ˜), Since the demise of leaded? paints, I can vouch for snow foaming & power shampooing, filtered water for rinsing and a hot air car dryer (Vertool 180). Contactless cleaning is the way to go.
I also pretty much just use Japanese PTFE products these days such as Soft99 Fusso dark for protection and hydrophobic properties.
Macan S arrived Mayโ€™22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
andreas

Post by andreas »

Percymon wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer is another fantastic product that when used as a drying aid (one spritz on drying towel per panel) adds gloss and dirt repellency /water beading behaviour for future ease of cleaning
Yes, I'm a Sonax fan too, for enhancing water beading.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Zadkiel wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:38 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:12 pm
andreas wrote: โ†‘Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:03 pm I've never used snowfoam, but I can recommend using resin-filtered water to rinse the car - you can just leave it to dry naturally, minimum effort.
Always snow foam a car before washing,helps prevent swirl marks. Yes, filtered water helps reduce staining marks. Iโ€™ve bought a car dryer aswell. They are excellent at preventing swirl marks. No real requirement to touch the car whilst drying.๐Ÿ‘
Yup, having owned many black German (BMW, Audi, VW, MB) cars (and another German one on the way๐Ÿ˜), Since the demise of leaded? paints, I can vouch for snow foaming & power shampooing, filtered water for rinsing and a hot air car dryer (Vertool 180). Contactless cleaning is the way to go.
I also pretty much just use Japanese PTFE products these days such as Soft99 Fusso dark for protection and hydrophobic properties.

I have the BlowAir GT, excellent piece of kit and can dry the whole car.๐Ÿ‘
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21โ€™ GTโ€™s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Autoglym products are the work of the devil, bought an Audi once and they did an Autoglym freebie on it and there was a so called fee kit bag of products in the boot. It was a dirt magnet and everthing became ingrained and a sod to clean.

As for Snow Foam it depends upon if you have a ceramic treatment applied and if you do use a compatible set of products.

I use Gtechniq snow foam as I have their ceramic coating applied.

What pressure washer and snow lance you use has a bearing on the efficacy of the foam generated.

To low pressure by the power washer and the foam will not be produced effectively.

So do check up on your chosen products application method and use compatible equipment.

Also do read my thread

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5106&hilit=Washing+and+detailing

Good luck
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20โ€ wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags