Ventilated Seats

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
JanW

Post by JanW »

Hi

Does anyone know if you can retro fit ventilated seats please? Do they cool the backs as well as the seats?

Thanks
Jan

gasgas1

Post by gasgas1 »

Don't know about retro fit, but yes cool seat and back, really nice on hot days with sun roof open just stops your shirt from getting wet.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

JanW wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 am Hi

Does anyone know if you can retro fit ventilated seats please? Do they cool the backs as well as the seats?

Thanks
Jan
Anything’s possible but the cost will be many thousands. Would be cheaper to sell the car, especially at the current inflated prices, and buy new or used with ventilated seats.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

Could be easier if the car has heated seats, As in the config. you can’t have ventilated seats without adding heated first
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Why bother? They aren’t that great.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Kleynie wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:41 pm Why bother? They aren’t that great.
i didn’t spec them on the grounds that I live in the UK and on the 2 days a year when the sun comes out the regular AC is quite sufficient.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:51 pm
i didn’t spec them on the grounds that I live in the UK and on the 2 days a year when the sun comes out the regular AC is quite sufficient.
Agree with you Omni.
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Living on the Essex Costa i use them a lot; it feels really comfortable having an air flow coming from the seat.

I often just use the seat ventilation and don't quite need the full aircon on.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Tim92gts wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:07 am
Living on the Essex Costa i use them a lot; it feels really comfortable having an air flow coming from the seat.

I’m sure they are nice. I’ve tried them in a friends jag and they felt lovely. They are just one of those things that to me are an extravagance that I’m hardly ever likely to use. If money were no object I’d have them ( and quite a lot of other things on the confuserator ) but as there are usually elements of budget involved on decision making, heated seats are a lot more important to me than cooled ones.
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:13 am
Tim92gts wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:07 am

I’m sure they are nice. I’ve tried them in a friends jag and they felt lovely. They are just one of those things that to me are an extravagance that I’m hardly ever likely to use. If money were no object I’d have them ( and quite a lot of other things on the confuserator ) but as there are usually elements of budget involved on decision making, heated seats are a lot more important to me than cooled ones.
I also love ventilated seats and have spec for my new one. But same old story some will love others will hate and quite rightly budget can also dictate. The good thing is you normally can from the answers you get weigh up some pros and cons you may not had thought of, and could help make your decision, just as it did for me on a few items. So thank you everyone for your inputs on many items on the confusiator :lol:
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)