My new Gen3 Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MattS

Post by MattS »

Great car- very jealous you've got yours! The white actually looks great- is that the non metallic white? I also love the standard wheels!

Would you mind sending some more pictures of the standard seats? How do they feel?

If you've tested the 14/18 way seats, do you have any comments on how they compare?

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

The Black and white works well, especially with the new S front. Those pics have swung me away from red or silver. Like đź‘Ť
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
martind21

Post by martind21 »

MattS wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:27 am Great car- very jealous you've got yours! The white actually looks great- is that the non metallic white? I also love the standard wheels!

Would you mind sending some more pictures of the standard seats? How do they feel?

If you've tested the 14/18 way seats, do you have any comments on how they compare?
Non-metallic white. Saw both whites in the showroom at one point and honestly couldn't see enough difference.

I've not tested the 14 or 18 way seats.

I'll get some more pics of the standard seats, for me they are comfy and I prefer the partial leather. Centres are a rough sort of texture compared to the alcantara of my old S.
trialframe

Post by trialframe »

That's a very similar spec to my current SD & near what I would order again.
I'm borrowing one for 3 days while mine is serviced shortly.
Out of interest, how easy would it be to kerb those rims.
On my SD the rims are recessed & after 6 years I've not damaged them at all đź‘Ť
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

The non metallic white looks very good in your pics and the standard S wheels look excellent. From what I can see in one of your pics the seat centre fabric looks nice and similar to the Sportstex material that my Boxster T seat centres were made of.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Martin congratulations, very nice looking S!

Can I ask as your one of the first owners that has the non leather seats with the drivers memory package that I have come across; does your passenger side mirror “dip” when you put the car in reverse?
MattS

Post by MattS »

martind21 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 am
MattS wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:27 am Great car- very jealous you've got yours! The white actually looks great- is that the non metallic white? I also love the standard wheels!

Non-metallic white. Saw both whites in the showroom at one point and honestly couldn't see enough difference.

I'll get some more pics of the standard seats, for me they are comfy and I prefer the partial leather. Centres are a rough sort of texture compared to the alcantara of my old S.
Great- thank you. My current car has partial leather with alcantara too and I love it (prefer it to the full leather seats i've had previously) but its hard to tell what the new standard seats will be like so any photos/insight is so helpful- I can't imagine there'll be many if any demos with them either.
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

MattS wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:32 pm
martind21 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 am

Great- thank you. My current car has partial leather with alcantara too and I love it (prefer it to the full leather seats i've had previously) but its hard to tell what the new standard seats will be like so any photos/insight is so helpful- I can't imagine there'll be many if any demos with them either.
I prefer the partial leather seats over full leather,but like you say I’ve not sat in the standard 8 ways so don’t know if they are comfortable enough and non of the demos etc have standard seats! Also if you spec the leather interior which I think the car needs,it changes the seats to full leather.
Last edited by Sweetmeister on Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
martind21

Post by martind21 »

MacanPNeil wrote: ↑Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:06 pm Martin congratulations, very nice looking S!

Can I ask as your one of the first owners that has the non leather seats with the drivers memory package that I have come across; does your passenger side mirror “dip” when you put the car in reverse?

Can confirm it does "dip" but not a massive amount. Can be turned on/off in the settings screen next to rev counter.
Hitenrallye

Post by Hitenrallye »

Congrats, Looks Stunning. Enjoy Mate.
Gen 3 Macan S -Wife
991.2 GTS 2018-My Car
M4 Comp 2019-Need to sell it!
E39 M5 2001-Animal
Corrado VR6 Storm 1996-Fully Restored