My new Gen3 Macan S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

martind21 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 am Good Morning,

I ordered a Gen 2 S back in April/May and was waiting for allocations. Then when Gen3 was announced, changed to Gen3 and got one of the first build slots at Teesside.
Arrived late last week but then went for ceramic coating first.

Collected yesterday after work so only had a short drive home so far.
Not someone who puts a huge spec on my car (previous Macan SD was the same).
So spec is Black window trims, Rear section painted, Black model designation, Privacy Glass, Driver memory.
I did spec turbo alloys on the gen2 but thought the standard ones on the Gen3 looked great, and I was right (for my personal preference).

The 2.9 V6 is so smooth, coming from the 3.0 Diesel it's amazing. Very surprised how quick it picks up as well and the standard exhaust is more than enough I think but I might look to add the Chrome tips later on :?:

So here is my Macan S, relatively basic spec compared to some but I love it! :D

Got to say the guys at Porsche Teesside have been fantastic, since purchasing my first ever Porsche and this one it's been faultless from them.
Hi Martin - is that the standard interior you went for?

MattS

Post by MattS »

Sweetmeister wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:40 pm
MattS wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:32 pm
martind21 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 am

Non-metallic white. Saw both whites in the showroom at one point and honestly couldn't see enough difference.

I've not tested the 14 or 18 way seats.

I'll get some more pics of the standard seats, for me they are comfy and I prefer the partial leather. Centres are a rough sort of texture compared to the alcantara of my old S.
Great- thank you. My current car has partial leather with alcantara too and I love it (prefer it to the full leather seats i've had previously) but its hard to tell what the new standard seats will be like so any photos/insight is so helpful- I can't imagine there'll be many if any demos with them either.
I prefer the partial leather seats over full leather,but like you say I’ve not sat in the standard 8 ways so don’t know if they are comfortable enough and non of the demos etc have standard seats! Also if you spec the leather interior which I think the car needs,it changes the seats to full leather.
Good point on speccing leather interior- currently i've gone for 14 way seats + leather interior (not the extended leather) so I have gone for full leather seats either way!
martind21

Post by martind21 »

BanZ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:30 pm
Hi Martin - is that the standard interior you went for?
Yes, Standard Interior apart from Driver Memory.
martind21

Post by martind21 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:28 am Martin, can you have a look in the centre console and check if it had an SD and SIM card slot or just 2 USB-C’s?

Thanks
Afraid to say I don't have SD or Sim card slot (I did on Gen 1 all be it in a different place).

received_1054997365291637.jpeg

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

so looks like its not been included on the S models then, despite being in the manual.
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

😢 I would have wished for the missing slots, for my own SIM and hi-res music files on SD. OK can use a SD to usb-c adaptor I guess.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Zadkiel wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:36 pm 😢 I would have wished for the missing slots, for my own SIM and hi-res music files on SD. OK can use a SD to usb-c adaptor I guess.
I just ordered 2 from Amazon for £5 ish.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

A niggle and bit of long term clutter that really aren't welcome though. 👎 Dislike.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
SmallWheels

Post by SmallWheels »

Congratulations on joining the ranks of us S owners. +1 for lightly speccing a car and getting maximum value. Car looks great in white – simple, neat and lacking the fussy appearance of some. Could I suggest you add in your signature (via the Profile option at the top right of the screen) a link to your car’s spec in the configurator as it helps others by seeing what options you’ve chosen and figuring out their own spec.
2020 Macan S: http://www.porsche-code.com/PLWMC5M3
2019 BMW i3S (for local trips and Mrs Smallwheels)
Locality

Post by Locality »

Congrats, looks great. I have a Gen 3 S and it’s ready to collect, can I just ask what the road tax was for you guys with new S models, is it the £2300 approx or £1900 approx ?