Porsche Connect

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Lanmate wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:27 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:39 pm Apparently, based in other posts, the Gen 3 has neither a sim nor an SD slot
I was in a Gen3 GTS for a test drive this week and I specifically looked for this based on reading this forum beforehand, it had both slots.
That’s really strange. People have posted pictures of ones that definitely don’t have either. I should have checked when I drove one.

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Hope a SIM card slot is not a ‘premium’ GTS feature
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:29 am
Lanmate wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:27 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:39 pm Apparently, based in other posts, the Gen 3 has neither a sim nor an SD slot
I was in a Gen3 GTS for a test drive this week and I specifically looked for this based on reading this forum beforehand, it had both slots.
That’s really strange. People have posted pictures of ones that definitely don’t have either. I should have checked when I drove one.
Did not someone show the sim slot is shown on the Gen 3 Good to know app?

Anyway are not you getting another element of excitement / unknown on the delivery of a new car ;) ;) ;)
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

The Porsche Good to Know app still shows a Sim and SD card slot for cars produced from August 2021.

I shall mightily peed off if we are tied to an in built sim and thus the Porsche data pack.

I also don't own an i-phone and don't particularly want one so have yet to work out how I'm going to get on. Any suggestions from other non i-phone owners would be gratefully accepted???

Confused emoji!!!
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:18 am The Porsche Good to Know app still shows a Sim and SD card slot for cars produced from August 2021.

I shall mightily peed off if we are tied to an in built sim and thus the Porsche data pack.

I also don't own an i-phone and don't particularly want one so have yet to work out how I'm going to get on. Any suggestions from other non i-phone owners would be gratefully accepted???

Confused emoji!!!
I have an android phone and when connected I can set the device manager so that the phone sim can provide the in car wifi or stream music
Deleted User 4325

Thank you. That's what i'll be doing too then.

;-)
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 am Thank you. That's what i'll be doing too then.

;-)
I should add I do not actually use it much as I spend a lot of time in country areas without good phone signal. I find a USB stick a far better reliable form of music provision
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

BanZ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:54 am Hope a SIM card slot is not a ‘premium’ GTS feature
Gen 2 GTS

20211021_104447.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4325

pmg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:41 am
Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 am Thank you. That's what i'll be doing too then.

;-)
I should add I do not actually use it much as I spend a lot of time in country areas without good phone signal. I find a USB stick a far better reliable form of music provision
Does it have a USB reader?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Out of interest I looked at the standard features on the confuserator and there is no mention of any SIM or SD sockets.

Be interested in what our member with their new Gen 3 has to say.

Mind you it would not surprise me if eventually Porsche ditched the user SIM, SD and internal HD connectivity in favour of an expanded paid for Infotainment service which included music streaming.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags