BASE v S v GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

hood69 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:27 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:23 am
Neil1911 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:20 am Once upon a time these discussions were reserved for the pub over a few pints, oh happy days....
definitely. I think once our cars start turning-up and the world is starting to get back to normal we should all meet up in the middle of the country somewhere and do just that.
GTS drivers will be at the pub first in the best seats with smug looks on their faces.

Though it might need to be 2023
:D :D :D :D

Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

mueslibrown wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:36 pm Wonder at what point surging energy prices begin to impact manufacturing costs and therefore consumer prices …
Re. new build Porsches, given the large existing margins, I would imagine prices increases due to those factors will be marginal (v. v. low %’s). Of greater impact can be FX (GBP vs EUR)
but German manufacturers usually hold off for quite a while because they will have some allowance built in and might have annual hedging contracts in place.

In the UK I’d be more immediately concerned about The Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP ….. the autumn budget is due Oct. 27th and will, in all probability, increase taxation on motorists eff. Apr’22. ‘Luxury’ (over £40k), or ‘high’ co2 cars to be hit with increased RFL and OTR taxes (above the current approx. £2k) ???

Hope my S is delivered before April !
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Deleted User 4436

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:50 pm
hood69 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:27 pm

definitely. I think once our cars start turning-up and the world is starting to get back to normal we should all meet up in the middle of the country somewhere and do just that.
GTS drivers will be at the pub first in the best seats with smug looks on their faces.

Though it might need to be 2023
:D :D :D :D
Given how old some of the members on here seem to be, 2023 may be a bit too late.......
Deleted User 4436

Zadkiel wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:59 pm
mueslibrown wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:36 pm Wonder at what point surging energy prices begin to impact manufacturing costs and therefore consumer prices …
Re. new build Porsches, given the large existing margins, I would imagine prices increases due to those factors will be marginal (v. v. low %’s). Of greater impact can be FX (GBP vs EUR)
but German manufacturers usually hold off for quite a while because they will have some allowance built in and might have annual hedging contracts in place.

In the UK I’d be more immediately concerned about The Rt Hon Rishi Sunak MP ….. the autumn budget is due Oct. 27th and will, in all probability, increase taxation on motorists eff. Apr’22. ‘Luxury’ (over £40k), or ‘high’ co2 cars to be hit with increased RFL and OTR taxes (above the current approx. £2k) ???

Hope my S is delivered before April !
.....and that Mr Sunak doesn't decide that to fix the environment that any increases need to be put in place immediately.
GTB

Post by GTB »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:56 am
Yes, haven't seen a proper pub brawl in a lot of years!
Somebody might get strangled with an EV Charging cable!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4436

GTB wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:11 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:56 am
Yes, haven't seen a proper pub brawl in a lot of years!
Somebody might get strangled with an EV Charging cable!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GTB
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: