Gen 3 Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
GTB

Post by GTB »

I just moved my insurance to Admiral, as my previous insurer AXA insurance despite having three other cars in the household insured with them, plus policies for my house insurance and also annual travel insurance plus I have landlords insurance with them as I rent out a property. AXA Said no way would they insure a Macan GTS its TOO Expensive! so I lifted the phone, and their service agent said they have a threshold, cost of my GTS is more than that so sorry no can do. I explained if I have to move that policy all my others will also follow to new insurer as they come up for renewal and he said not a problem nothing they can do!

Anyway Admiral came in cheapest on my searches, so with over 20 years no claim discount, my wife added as an named driver and cover for buisness use as well premium was only £448.60, that includes and lists a £350 compulsory excess.

I double checked when on the call, when you give the car value and that includes the factory fitted options then they didnt need to know as part of the manufacturers build process as long as the VRN and VIN No all matched up they know what they are providing cover for.

I still cant believe AXA wont insure a car at a shade off £80K.

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0

TK421

Post by TK421 »

REITSY wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:36 pm On your Admiral insurances do you list every single option even if they are manufacturer fitted. the woman I've just been speaking to is creating utter confusion for me indicated one minute I need to list them all and the next as they are part of the purchase price I dont
Never have done this as it’s manufacture fitted.
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
TK421

Post by TK421 »

GTB wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:52 pm I just moved my insurance to Admiral, as my previous insurer AXA insurance despite having three other cars in the household insured with them, plus policies for my house insurance and also annual travel insurance plus I have landlords insurance with them as I rent out a property. AXA Said no way would they insure a Macan GTS its TOO Expensive! so I lifted the phone, and their service agent said they have a threshold, cost of my GTS is more than that so sorry no can do. I explained if I have to move that policy all my others will also follow to new insurer as they come up for renewal and he said not a problem nothing they can do!

Anyway Admiral came in cheapest on my searches, so with over 20 years no claim discount, my wife added as an named driver and cover for buisness use as well premium was only £448.60, that includes and lists a £350 compulsory excess.

I double checked when on the call, when you give the car value and that includes the factory fitted options then they didnt need to know as part of the manufacturers build process as long as the VRN and VIN No all matched up they know what they are providing cover for.

I still cant believe AXA wont insure a car at a shade off £80K.

GTB
As soon as I put £83k in on my quotes only a few came back with prices. Admiral being the best
23 Macan GTS
EX - 22 Macan GTS

The final Hurrah http://www.porsche-code.com/PRSB8KW7
Nella

Post by Nella »

REITSY wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:36 pm On your Admiral insurances do you list every single option even if they are manufacturer fitted. the woman I've just been speaking to is creating utter confusion for me indicated one minute I need to list them all and the next as they are part of the purchase price I dont
No, just the list price of £76k. I only have factory fitted options.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Make sure to get a good Gap insurance policy to go with this ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Direct Line give 24 months full replacement so could be a moot point if you're with them. Better option to spend your money on is probably tyre and wheel damage cover.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:16 pm Direct Line give 24 months full replacement so could be a moot point if you're with them. Better option to spend your money on is probably tyre and wheel damage cover.
And is that to invoice price or list with all extras?
Macan S MY 2023
Nella

Post by Nella »

Skyway wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:52 pm Make sure to get a good Gap insurance policy to go with this ;)
Admiral cover new for old for the first year.
Car is insured for full value.
What is interesting is that GTSs are currently selling for £20+ more than their original price so I wonder how that works with companies who insure for the ‘market value’ of a car with the usual assumption that the car will be worth less than when it was bought???
REITSY

Post by REITSY »

Speaking to both Direct Line and Admiral this afternoon as well as reading the websites of LV and eSure it seems naming options was the way to go to ensure proper cover.
All my options are manufacturer fitted and part of the original invoice from my OPC.
With Admiral the options changed my quoted premium by a mere £10 for the year and with Direct Line is made no diff. Painful trying to get them to clarify but at least I have peace of mind that I went through each option on a recorded call whilst they picked the associated category to put them under (most fell under exterior or interior changes).
I will probably still do gap insurance even if covered for 1st year.
Many thanks for all the advice :)
Nella

Post by Nella »

All seems very random. I’ve never ever been asked about factory fitted extras???