Gen 3 Insurance

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

LAJ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:26 am
MikeM wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:31 am
You obviously live in a good postcode, car is secure, low miles, no accidents or convictions ( maybe just the one SP30 😖)
AND…..your probably “Old‼️
I Know because I have the same LV premium 🙄 but I also have a £20 voucher not for being old but for using Confused 😵‍💫 😉

Yes, definitely your also confused, as you must have meant Year not Month. Unless I’ve got it all wrong and it is Month 😳
Per MONTH Mike. I'm not "old" (which is no doubt the issue here) and have no points and no accidents with 14 years no claims. A quote over £2.5k is just stupid. I eventually got sorted with NFU for £800. It was a real stressful ball ache to sort this insurance with the cars not being on systems. It shouldnt be this difficult.
I'm not "old" (possibly) being in my mid 50's, but I got business use added, parked outside on a drive over night, no tracker, and 12,000 miles per year and it was still sub £500 including protected no-claims and legal protection.

Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 pm I'm not "old" (possibly) being in my mid 50's, but I got business use added, parked outside on a drive over night, no tracker, and 12,000 miles per year and it was still sub £500 including protected no-claims and legal protection.
I did a quote on the Gen2 turbo to see a ballpark before ordering the Gen3 GTS... £1450 for the year so that's around what I'm expecting. Late 30's, protected no claims, 7k miles a year, parked on drive, tracker, SDP+C, including legal.
Gen3 GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPRAXAE8

Ordered 11th Aug 2021, Arrived OPC 7th Oct 2022, Collected 9th Dec 2022
Deleted User 4436

Lanmate wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:12 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:59 pm I'm not "old" (possibly) being in my mid 50's, but I got business use added, parked outside on a drive over night, no tracker, and 12,000 miles per year and it was still sub £500 including protected no-claims and legal protection.
I did a quote on the Gen2 turbo to see a ballpark before ordering the Gen3 GTS... £1450 for the year so that's around what I'm expecting. Late 30's, protected no claims, 7k miles a year, parked on drive, tracker, SDP+C, including legal.
My son has a 30th Anniversary MX5. Its only 2ltr but I bought it for him when he was 20 ( early 21st Birthday present). Worth just under £30k so not cheap. Has just under 200 bhp and is every bit as fast as my souped-up mini ( includes brembo brakes, bilstine shocks, recaro seats, BOSE stereo etc). At the time he had less than 3 years NCB having only had a license for less than 3 years. We ( I ) paid about £800 fully comp. Benefit of living in the sticks I guess.
Lanmate

Post by Lanmate »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:17 pm
My son has a 30th Anniversary MX5. Its only 2ltr but I bought it for him when he was 20 ( early 21st Birthday present). Worth just under £30k so not cheap. Has just under 200 bhp and is every bit as fast as my souped-up mini ( includes brembo brakes, bilstine shocks, recaro seats, BOSE stereo etc). At the time he had less than 3 years NCB having only had a license for less than 3 years. We ( I ) paid about £800 fully comp. Benefit of living in the sticks I guess.
I know where I live has a large part to play, my previous address had a reduction of £400 a year vs my current address, with the change of location being the only difference.
Gen3 GTS - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPRAXAE8

Ordered 11th Aug 2021, Arrived OPC 7th Oct 2022, Collected 9th Dec 2022
LAJ

Post by LAJ »

MikeM wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:51 pm Wow! That’s a crazy price to be quoted with your clean record even if younger where did they think you are living
“Dodge City” 🤠
No idea if this has anything to do with it but 15 years ago my address was burgled. I was in Australia at the time. The scrotes put a huge plant pot through the window, found the car keys and made off with my 5 series and the Mrs Mini S. I had to fly back immediately 🙄 The house is in a decent area but maybe it now has a black mark…
Deleted User 4436

LAJ wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:26 pm
MikeM wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:51 pm Wow! That’s a crazy price to be quoted with your clean record even if younger where did they think you are living
“Dodge City” 🤠
No idea if this has anything to do with it but 15 years ago my address was burgled. I was in Australia at the time. The scrotes put a huge plant pot through the window, found the car keys and made off with my 5 series and the Mrs Mini S. I had to fly back immediately 🙄 The house is in a decent area but maybe it now has a black mark…
I actually think insurance companies just use some kind of random number generator. Sorry to hear about your house and cars though, that must have been terrible
LAJ

Post by LAJ »

Just had an email from Porsche UK (who I contacted directly about this whole shambles). They gave me the ABI code for the GTS which is 40035684. Maybe that will help some of you and prevent the stress of what I had to do to get insured.
SB19AV

Post by SB19AV »

SB19AV wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:34 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:46 am
PorscheMack wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:07 pm Where you forced into having a Tracker fitted before they insured you?
A lot depends on your Postcode. I asked if a tracker would reduce my premium and the answer was "not where I live, it would be a requirement in some places though".

Postcode is definitely a factor. Best quote I've had on current info is £1,100! with10 yrs Protected NCB, 57 yrs old! It's Birmingham by the way..
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Lanmate wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:30 pm

I know where I live has a large part to play, my previous address had a reduction of £400 a year vs my current address, with the change of location being the only difference.
Yeh surely must be location making that price so high. I ran a quote with Admiral for my wife whose car it’ll be (mid 30s, 7 years NCB & protected, 12k miles p/year, no claims and legal cover), came in at £432 for the year. Had to do the same as you and put the old GTS on the quote (we’ve got an S on order) but seemed reasonable price to me.
Deleted User 4436

Joe390 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:36 pm
Lanmate wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:30 pm

Yeh surely must be location making that price so high. I ran a quote with Admiral for my wife whose car it’ll be (mid 30s, 7 years NCB & protected, 12k miles p/year, no claims and legal cover), came in at £432 for the year. Had to do the same as you and put the old GTS on the quote (we’ve got an S on order) but seemed reasonable price to me.
gender plays a part too. Us fellas are more of an insurance risk, can’t think why….

btw, use confused.com. It will give you Admiral insurance with the new S.