Joined the club (forum)

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Both cars I drove today, a Gen 2 and Gen 3 had seats and steering that automatically adjusted but neither were fitted with Comfort Access.
Clearly Porsches own cars don't come with that a standard which is telling you something.
I think you're referring to the Driver memory pack which deals with the seat/steering positions.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:15 pm Both cars I drove today, a Gen 2 and Gen 3 had seats and steering that automatically adjusted but neither were fitted with Comfort Access.
Clearly Porsches own cars don't come with that a standard which is telling you something.
I think you're referring to the Driver memory pack which deals with the seat/steering positions.
The car I test drove did the auto adjustment thing with the steering column and seat. I just assumed it was the memory setting on the key. I guess they have a memory setting they set it to before each test drive so that when you get in everything moves around because it looks cool. It didn’t all move out the way when I took the key out.

Having said that, I don’t know how you would tell if a macan had comfort access anyway, because you can remove the horrible little key nub as if it were a regular key and then just use the regular key.
Deleted User 4325

With comfort access you just open the door with the key on your person.
No need to press the key as it's a proximity device.
Or if really unlucky and haven't used a faraday bag have some little sh*t relay the signal with his laptop to unlock your car and drive it away!!!!
Not sure of this happens to Porsches but an everyday occurrence with BMWs and JLR products!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:15 pm Both cars I drove today, a Gen 2 and Gen 3 had seats and steering that automatically adjusted but neither were fitted with Comfort Access.
If the car has either 14-way or 18-way seats, it has Comfort Access. The feature can be turned on and off via the PCM so it's possible that the dealer has turned it off for demonstrators.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4325

I think there is a bit of confusuion here.

Do not specify 'Comfort Access' and expect it to have anything to do with the position of the seats/steering or mirrors.

'Comfort access' (from the confusorator ) is;

Keyless entry and drive: vehicle transmitter, system of interior and exterior aerials, proximity sensors, sensors in the exterior door handles and double closing button for the automatic tailgate

Note: The Comfort Access uses state of the art technology. However, it cannot be completely ruled out that the key´s wireless encryption code is intercepted and used to open or steal the vehicle.

The position of the seats/steeringwheel/mirrors is controlled by the;

'Driver memory package' (from the confusorator ) is;

Memory function for driver's seat and exterior mirror positions.

Driver memory package is standard with the 14 or 18 way seats but has to be ordered if wanted for the 8 way seats.
Wilkins91

Post by Wilkins91 »

Yes the comfort access was switched off in the PCM but when I turned it on the seat and steering column started moving when the ignition is switched on and off. In the PCM it is called Comfort Access I believe
Deleted User 4325

Blimey, no wonder folk get confused!!!!

So what do the memory buttons on the door do???
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

comfort access in the Porsche confuserator is what every other manufacturer calls “Keyless entry”.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:46 am Blimey, no wonder folk get confused!!!!

So what do the memory buttons on the door do???
Your settings can be saved to a memory button and to your key. Another driver’s settings can be saved to another memory button and to the other key. So when each driver unlocks the car with their key their settings are automatically set when they enter the car. If you swap drivers but don’t have the other key then the second driver can press the relevant memory button to achieve their settings.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

My mistake in my post above. What comes with the 14 and 18-way seats is "Comfort Entry/Exit".
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel