Pan roof was the culprit.

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Again… it would be interesting to see some numbers on this…

No one knows the actual amount of people affected by this. Is it 1/10 or 1/1000?

Seems to me there’s a lot of scaremongering going on and a lot of people jumping to conclusions, particularly on this forum.

I’m not saying the product isn’t faulty but some perspective is needed and I’ll happily order a pan roof on my gen3 when the time comes.

MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Partysausage wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:38 pm Again… it would be interesting to see some numbers on this…

No one knows the actual amount of people affected by this. Is it 1/10 or 1/1000?

Seems to me there’s a lot of scaremongering going on and a lot of people jumping to conclusions, particularly on this forum.

I’m not saying the product isn’t faulty but some perspective is needed and I’ll happily order a pan roof on my gen3 when the time comes.
I agree .... can someone in the know set up a poll etc? I'm sure the majority must be fine
Merc A200d - Macan SD - Audi TT - Golf GTD MK8
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MTUK wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:51 pm
Partysausage wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:38 pm Again… it would be interesting to see some numbers on this…

I agree .... can someone in the know set up a poll etc? I'm sure the majority must be fine
I agree, and its a sensible approach, but unlike stories of cars being delivered without PASM etc, the internet is awash with reports of leaking Porsche sun roofs ( no pun intended), including this class action lawsuit:

https://www.classaction.org/porsche-sun ... ak-lawsuit

So it seems likely that it is a real issue at the very least
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

I checked my drains and it turns out the front drivers side is totally blocked. Passenger side is 'dripping' and the two rear are fine.

Had it in to OPC today & cleaned & cleared. They accessed the front drains from underneath I was told.
Rigger

Post by Rigger »

As you say it would be interesting to see the numbers and for Porsche to acknowledge the problem rather than stating “oh you must park under trees…….etc etc”. As for my next Macan, the roof hasn’t been specced. I intend to keep it for the long term and I don’t want to be concerned that I will have big bills for this item once out of the warranty period. It took the OPC far too long to sort the first one out…….
2017 - Macan GTS ~ now sold
2007 - 997.1 Turbo (Manual)
2021 - GR Yaris
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

So do the drains block when the roof is open or when it is
Closed? I’m not sure where the drains are such that they can “clog up”.

Btw, I mentioned it to a friend who has owned several Macans, all with sunroofs and he had never heard of the problem and said he’d never had any issues with any of his. Not saying its not an issue, because there wouldn’t be a class action law suit otherwise, but I suspect far more are fine than aren’t
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Rigger wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:51 pm

As you say it would be interesting to see the numbers and for Porsche to acknowledge the problem rather than stating “oh you must park under trees…….etc etc”. As for my next Macan, the roof hasn’t been specced. I intend to keep it for the long term and I don’t want to be concerned that I will have big bills for this item once out of the warranty period. It took the OPC far too long to sort the first one out…….
Depends how long you plan on keeping the car as well…
MTUK

Post by MTUK »

Interestingly.... I looked at the front drainage holes & had a finger around on a Gen 3 in the showroom and I'm sure they are a larger diameter than previous generations of Macan
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

MTUK wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:14 pm Interestingly.... I looked at the front drainage holes & had a finger around on a Gen 3 in the showroom and I'm sure they are a larger diameter than previous generations of Macan

Size isn't everything you know!!
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
ppj50

Post by ppj50 »

Posted elsewhere but included here also for info, 2015 S with Pano found the ‘well’ to each side of the boot damp at an interim service with local OPC was quoted a large sum to strip out the carpet / roof lining etc to investigate with no guarantee of fixing. After a bit of research here transpires its not the roof but blocked up drains in each corner at the outlets. See also YouTube video for helpful advice. Went to local non- official dealer who cleared the drains after the OPC said they were not blocked. They also cut off the ‘lips’ in the wheel arch located outlet points, six months later no problems -touch wood. After four 911’s and 30 years bought a Macan as my ‘last car’ yes I’m that old. Can’t say build quality is bad but after issues like this and transfer box complaints this does make me wonder about the marque esp if drains are still a problem on Gen 3. Then again 911’s and gearbox seals/bearings inform things have never been perfect.Wouldn’t ever go back to OPC , Williams Crawford in Saltash are brilliant , I’ll leave you to guess where the OPC is!