Porsche configurator pricing

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:19 pm
MikeM wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm
jonnydrama wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:39 am It's absolutely rotten that it isn't an OTR price.
What’s rotten about it, it’s just the new car tax ( cost dependant on output) and the first year licence fee. Standard for all manufacturers. Don’t forget the road tax premium for the following five years of ownership 😳
I agree it's rotten that it isn't shown. Wouldn't take a massive amount of programming to say "does not include road tax or delivery", or possibly just add that as an extra line item based on the country configurator being used.
🙄 What’s rotten is that some people just don’t think about it when they are costing up a new car purchase. Still seeing some shocked when they realise there is a following five year RFL premium which takes you to the cars 6th anniversary before dropping out, although it’s been the norm since April 2017. Two things in life to never forget about “Death and Taxes” 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

MikeM wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:32 pm
What’s rotten about it, it’s just the new car tax ( cost dependant on output) and the first year licence fee. Standard for all manufacturers. Don’t forget the road tax premium for the following five years of ownership 😳
I agree it's rotten that it isn't shown. Wouldn't take a massive amount of programming to say "does not include road tax or delivery", or possibly just add that as an extra line item based on the country configurator being used.
🙄 What’s rotten is that some people just don’t think about it when they are costing up a new car purchase. Still seeing some shocked when they realise there is a following five year RFL premium which takes you to the cars 6th anniversary before dropping out, although it’s been the norm since April 2017. Two things in life to never forget about “Death and Taxes” 😉
Did you mean "" Death, Taxes and Omni's Spec? "😂
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

PorscheMack wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:46 pm

Did you mean "" Death, Taxes and Omni's Spec? "😂
hurumph :roll:
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Sadly I was one of those - never having bought a new car before, I had no idea there would be a random heavy duty tax applied.
Deleted User 4436

BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Sadly I was one of those - never having bought a new car before, I had no idea there would be a random heavy duty tax applied.
I have bought a new car, but was still "one of them". Every other car I have ever bought always included the OTR price in the configurator.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

This is my gts order. Finance and numbers completed on the below on the road costs

821FDF4B-D1D1-4D88-9AC2-4FA6006EAE8C.jpeg

Deleted User 4436

Odd how it changes form, presumably, dealer to dealer. Could some of the spec items, like bigger wheels, make a difference. Or maybe there is a specific price band that increases the OTR costs.
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:36 pm Odd how it changes form, presumably, dealer to dealer. Could some of the spec items, like bigger wheels, make a difference. Or maybe there is a specific price band that increases the OTR costs.
It’s linked to CO2 output I believe. So bigger wheels can affect this among other addendum.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-tax-rate-tables
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

jonnydrama wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:39 am It's absolutely rotten that it isn't an OTR price.
Thank you sir, saved me a reply!
jonnydrama

Post by jonnydrama »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:53 pm
BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:47 pm
I have bought a new car, but was still "one of them". Every other car I have ever bought always included the OTR price in the configurator.
Exactly...