New build v secondhand ???

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

I think it boils down to personal circumstances and choice. I was looking at used mid last year at approved used and stopped, started looking again a few months ago and noticed the prices have gone up in some cased £5-7k for similar specs. Infact looking back at some of the adverts and enquires i had made a year ago they look like bargain prices now. Its for this reason I decided to go for a new and am about to pay a deposit. My thinking is that with this being the last likely ICE car ill get (say next car is 5-7 years away) I rather have a spec i want then spending similar money for a car with not the exact spec I want with 20k+ miles on it.

The EV market seems to be moving fast and i think its to early to predict what used EVs will do in terms of price. Personally i don't think i will go EV until there infrastructure is more developed over the next 5 years.

Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

I started off exactly in the same situation back in Feb. I ended up ordering a new GTS and still waiting for it but I’ve been told it’s due to leave the factory end of September. My new gen 2 GTS is lightly optioned and on the road at about 65k. It does include 18 way, pan roof and sport chrono amongst a few others. When I look at what 65k buys used it’s a no brainier on this occasion to buy new. However will it turn up anytime soon!?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

If you want a quick purchase so you can get behind the wheel and avoid the water torture that comes with a new purchase then used is the way to go. Question is, is a year behind the wheel worth the premium? It's a close call!!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

Rattler wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:51 am Thanks all for the continued assistance.

Loved this comment by cc3

“ They are fantastic cars so you won’t be disappointed whichever way you go”

It’s a reminder that I’m buying a car I desire, so whilst money is always a factor, owning and driving the right Macan is the priority.

Thanks all

I'm looking at a Macan, and the used prices pushed me to new. I get exactly the spec I want. A recent family tragedy reminded me that life is not a rehearsal, it's the real thing. You used the word "desire". That's exactly the right word. The fact that the financials support the buying a new one (with extremely strong residuals) are, in my opinion, conclusive.
Spud

Post by Spud »

Interesting conundrum, if WBAC is to be believed my 2018 GTS has gone up £6,000 since April, just swapped the wife’s Mercedes and got a great price £1500-00 loss in 2 years, bought an electric Merc to replace it , so far very impressed, regarding a new GTS or S can Porsche pass on any increases over the waiting period ? I am not sure as nothing is ever final until lockdown I think
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Secondhand? Surely you mean 'Previously loved'? I rarely buy new due to the huge loss as soon as it hits the road, even Porsches do that. Prices are on the up due to supply and demand. I hear that some JLR outlets are only open for two days a week as it's a waste of time when customers are told it's 18-24 months wait for a Discovery. I am at that stage of life when if I see something I want, I buy it having spent some years settling for what I really didn't want. Kids gone, mortgage paid, investments doing well, health crap. You can't win them all.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.