Bit of advice needed - damaged bonnet

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Hi,

Somewhere or other, someone hit my car with either another car or something white and now I have the following mark on the bonnet which is pretty deep by the feeling of it.

I know Porsche recommend M&A Coachworks in my area but does anyone recommend anywhere else in the London area that would do a good job of fixing this. Car is Metallic black so nothing custom.

Also, what kind of price should I be expecting to pay ? The damage is small but I know Labour is extortionate and assume it will take a bit of time.

Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-13 at 10.31.00.jpeg

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Probably worth getting a price from scratch to shine type people.

Good luck...
Madelvic

Post by Madelvic »

I paid £500 for a bonnet respray 5 years back
2017 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2005 Boxster S Artic Silver
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

A lot will depend on whether you are happy with a "touch up" or go for the whole bonnet respray. I have acquired a "chip" on the roof and will be happy with a professionally done touch up but it's not in such a visible place.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

A local Chips Away guy did a great job on my rear bumper, repairing a malicious gouge.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
RGS

Post by RGS »

I had a nasty stone chip on the front of my bonnet, so I tried out my Chipex kit that I bought when I first had the car and I made a virtually invisible repair, the paint match is better than the official Porsche paint stick. However a word of caution, if the damage is on a flat surface, I have found invisible paint touch up is more difficult than doing it on a side panel. I can recommend Chipex and there are plenty of videos on YouTube to watch and help you make a decision.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Wing Commander wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:23 pm A local Chips Away guy did a great job on my rear bumper, repairing a malicious gouge.
Chips Away did the 3 x stone chips on the paint panel around the front grill on my SD before p/ex. An invisible superb job. However they refused to do 1 x stone chip on the bonnet. Said as an aluminium panel on a flat surface that it would show.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
bbpxbbpx

Post by bbpxbbpx »

Depends on what you want to achieve. I would expect approved repairer to have high standard. They might not cost a whole lot more. There is also no harm to get a quote. I spoke to M&A before, they seem decent. I went with Premier Panel Skills in the end just because I used them before and it is a little more conveniently located.

Smart repair will cost less and it can achieve pretty good result too.
Ben

2019 Macan S Night Blue
1995 993 C2 Midnight Blue
2015 Macan S Agate Grey - SOLD
Nick the Greek

Post by Nick the Greek »

geomacan wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:25 pm Hi,

Somewhere or other, someone hit my car with either another car or something white and now I have the following mark on the bonnet which is pretty deep by the feeling of it.

I know Porsche recommend M&A Coachworks in my area but does anyone recommend anywhere else in the London area that would do a good job of fixing this. Car is Metallic black so nothing custom.

Also, what kind of price should I be expecting to pay ? The damage is small but I know Labour is extortionate and assume it will take a bit of time.

Cheers

I dont live locally so cant recommend any particular bodyshop. If it were my car, I'd be having the full panel sprayed (and blended). Anything less will be sub standard.
I'd reckon on £500-£700.

Nick
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Thanks all. I want it to be a decent job that makes it invisible but M&A want 1700 quid which seems way too excessive.