Porsche experience day

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
froggyr32

Post by froggyr32 »

Had a Porsche experience day at Silverstone today. Wow,the instructor had balls of steel! I'm not clever at driving fast,I was in a macan gts,all he was saying was faster,faster,brake later,chase that car!
Great day,well recommended.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

froggyr32 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:18 pm Had a Porsche experience day at Silverstone today. Wow,the instructor had balls of steel! I'm not clever at driving fast,I was in a macan gts,all he was saying was faster,faster,brake later,chase that car!
i, like most blokes, consider myself a driving god. I drove a Lamborghini round Goodwood and was on the ragged edge, or so I thought. The instructor kept asking me why I was braking so early and going round the corners so slowly. Turns out I’m more a Mazepin than a Russell.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Can't wait to go on the PED... Sounds like you had fun!

Do we just wait for the dealer to let us know about this as my SE never mentioned this to me last week when I finalised my build?
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MacanSman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:37 pm Can't wait to go on the PED... Sounds like you had fun!

Do we just wait for the dealer to let us know about this as my SE never mentioned this to me last week when I finalised my build?
quite a lot of posts on this. I paid my deposit on 10th July and haven’t heard anything. Some have said they still haven’t heard after a couple of years. However, it appears that they are informed directly by Porsche when you put the order in. So the consensus seems to be, if you haven’t heard anything just give them a call.
MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:41 pm
MacanSman wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:37 pm Can't wait to go on the PED... Sounds like you had fun!

quite a lot of posts on this. I paid my deposit on 10th July and haven’t heard anything. Some have said they still haven’t heard after a couple of years. However, it appears that they are informed directly by Porsche when you put the order in. So the consensus seems to be, if you haven’t heard anything just give them a call.
Think I'll do that Omni - Thanks :D
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

froggyr32 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:18 pm Had a Porsche experience day at Silverstone today. Wow,the instructor had balls of steel! I'm not clever at driving fast,I was in a macan gts,all he was saying was faster,faster,brake later,chase that car!
The big question is, did the traction control light come on in the same conditions as yours? If not, get yours back to the dealership.

Really looking forward to our visit to PEC, hope the wife finally finds her heavy right boot!
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So there I am thrashing a 911 C4 GTS as fast as I possibly could drive only to be caught by one of the Instructors in a Macan Turbo giving a demo drive.

Those guys are very good.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Are you sure that wasn't me, in an S? I certainly caught and was allowed past by some flavour of 911 :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I heard of a Macan Turbo going on track days and passing all types of 911s, Inc GT3s.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I have a Macan Turbo booked for the end of the month for my day. Would you advise to stick with it or swap for a 911?